CASEY - Dominica

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

Re: Dominica

Postby mathilda » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:02 am

Hi Pat,

I have just found your post, it appears that you have been sarching for my mother and my grandmother, my name is Mathilda Lewis, and I reside in England.

I would like to know who it is that is in search of my family, I believe that we are related and as such I would like you to contact me here.
mathilda

Re: Dominica -Casey's and the Bell's

Postby Cassandra » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:05 pm

Hi Peeps

Yes it is true that many of the records were destroyed in a fire in the late 70's. So unfortunate for a country so rich in heritage as Dominica. I have been doing some research and from what I have discovered so far, the Dominicans were valiant and proud people - I feel so honoured to come from this.

My family as in the subject matter are the Casey's of I believe Portsmouth Dominica and the Bell's who I believe primarily came from Giraudel. Anyone know anything about these people?

Cass
Cassandra

Re: CASEY - Dominica

Postby Marie Owen » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:20 am

I am trying to find my ancestor Roger(O'/Mac) Casey who was an irishman that we believe was rounded up in Ireland by Cromwell's men and taken to somewhere in the Caribbean in the mid 1650's.

We estimate he was born around approx. 1648-1650.

He arrived in Port Royal Acadia (Canada) in 1665) from where we do not know. He could have gone from the Caribbean to somewhere else to make his way to Acadia.

If you can tell me anything as to where the Irish Indentured or slaves were taken in the mid 1600's perhaps I could look there, or do you know of any lists that have names on them.

I would be very grateful for any help, and willing to look up any queries you have of relatives in Australia, where I am from.

My appreciation and thanks. Marie
Marie Owen

Re: CASEY - Dominica

Postby bimjim » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:32 pm

My first thought about where Roger Casey came to Canada from would be Passenger Lists. There are many of those on the internet.
bimjim
Site Admin

Return to Surnames C