McDERMOTT - Jamaica, possibly St. Thomas in the Vale

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

McDERMOTT - Jamaica, possibly St. Thomas in the Vale

Postby Harv » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:15 pm

Harvey Macmillan is seeking GG Grandfather Dr. Charles Henry McDERMOTT ca. 1800s and his four daughters Francis Snaith, Susan Jane, Henrietta Clara and Elizabeth Serena. Vital stats especially welcomed.
Harv

Re: McDERMOTT - Jamaica, possibly St. Thomas in the Vale

Postby AnnH » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:21 pm

Hello Harv. I have just found the death of Dr. C.H mcD on 26 Nov.1850 in St.thos/Vale, of cholera at the age of 45. The source is LDS#1291738.
I am descended from the Dr. through Francis Snaith McD, but understood the McD's were from Roscommon so am interested in your find. I have so far been unable to find his birth/bap, nor marr. but will keep on trying. I have no record of Zipporah Francis, but have in birth order, Susan Jane, Charles Henry, Francis Snaith, Edward Clarence, Elizabeth Serena, Elma Anne, & Henrietta from LDS#1291794, par. of Clarendon . As you are in B.C., are you related to Beryl Broughton (Mcd) Tingle?
Happy hunting, Ann H.
AnnH

Postby Harv » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:55 pm

Hello AnnH. Thanks for your Mar 21 post. As I explained to Marie S, Zapporah Francis does not fit into our search. It was a false lead on my part! I will check out the LDS reference for Dr, C.H. McD which you so kindly shared. Knowing his age at death will help narrow down the birth search once the parish is located. My stats on Henrietta Clara McDERMOTT are: b. Dec 1850. St. Thomas in the Vale, Jamaica. d. Dec 1894. Montego Bay, St. James Parish. Jamaica. Are you willing to share any of your stats or an LDS # for any of the other six siblings?

I'm not related to Beryl Broughton (mcd) Tingle, but years ago in Vancouver my mother had a very good friend Marion Tingle!

All the Best

Harv
Harv

Postby Harv » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:23 pm

Good morning AnnH. Before ordering the LDS # 1291794 item you mentioned in your Mar 21st posting, I called it up in the LDS Family Library Catalog & note that it is the Church Records for Cajamarca, Asuncion, Peru. I doubt if the McDERMOTT children will be listed there! Is this an unintentional typo? I really want to follow up on your much appreciated information.

My Regards

Harv
Harv

Postby AnnH » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:44 pm

So sorry Harv,

It should have been 1291704, parish of Clarendon, which is where you will find the Snaiths, Burrells, etc. I found the McD's in various films, Susan Jane in 1291713, Francis & Chas H in 1291714, Elma Anne & Edward Clarence in 1291715, & Henrietta in 1291736. I think I have them all in my computer files, & could send them to you if I had your email addr. Actually, I think Marie was going to pass mine on to you. They are all Jca Parish Reg. - Baptisms. Sorry I got it all so mixed up. I was so elated at finding the Dr.'s death #1291738, but now we have to find registers predating the only St. Thos/Vale the LDS has which starts in 1816. When I get a new list of LDS Jca.films from my friend, I will pass it on to you.

Hope I got this all right. Ann
AnnH

Postby bimjim » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:41 pm

New Post you may be interested in...
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=6921
bimjim
Site Admin

Return to Surnames M