McClean Barbados to Trinidad

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

McClean Barbados to Trinidad

Postby JaneA » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:01 pm

I'm trying to find any Info. on Clarissa Jane McClean and her husband Harry Vincent. I know he wrote Sea Fish Of Trinidad and that he was supposed to be a Col. in the British army. Does any one know when and where he and Clarissa died? His son became Air Vice Marshall during WWll in GB . Does any one have Photos of this branch of the Family? Clarrisa was a Daughter of Charles Daniel McClean. Thank to Beth Hill and Duncan for their help. Jane
JaneA

Re: McClean Barbados to Trinidad

Postby JaneA » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:43 pm

Hi Paul, I know that Clariss and Harry had three children, Nina, Maude and Claude. All were born in Trinidad. Nina married Charles Tupper Baillie. They moved to New York where Uncle Arther and my Mother, Nina Marjorie were born . They returned to Trinidad and had Phyllis and Mary then returned to the States and had Charles. I'm trying to find where they died and where they are buried. I know that Claude and His wife returned to Trinidad after the war for a while before returning to England, where they remained. I know they had a son and I maybe a daughter. I do not know if Maude ever married. Are you a McClean ?Thank you for your time. Jane
JaneA

Postby JaneA » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:45 am

Hi Paul, Sorry I wasn't clear. I'm trying to find where Clarissa Jane and Harry were buried. Nina vincent and Charles Tupper Baillie are both buried in South Bend, Indiana. Their daughter, Nina Marjorie (Marge) and Richard Partridge were my parents. All I know about Harry Vincent is that he was born in Dum Dum India about 1860 and married Clarissa Jane in Trinidad and he wrote a book about fish that has just been reissued in paperback and is avaiable on Amazon. Is your family linked to Charles Daniel or through the Barbados/ St Vincents group? Jane
JaneA

Postby JaneA » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:18 am

Hi, Paul Here is some extra info. Claude McClean Vincent 1896-1967 died in Farnham Surrey, England married Louise Anita Evelyn L'Strange b1901 South Africa d.1994 England they had a son Harry 1924. I have know idea where. I think the daughter was born in England. Nina's children Arthur 1911 , Marjorie 1912-1992, Phyllis 1914, Mary, 1916, Charlie 1919-2002 I don't know when Maude was born or where she died. If your Trinidad relatives have any info. or Pictures of the McCleans or Harry Vincent I would be greatfull. I have pictures of Nina andClaude if they would be interested as soon as I get them posted. Thanks Jane
WilliamMcCleanDes.rtf
(457.91 KiB) Downloaded 181 times
McClean Ancestors.doc
(87.5 KiB) Downloaded 155 times
JaneA

Postby Bobbie » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:11 pm

I cannot help much but know that my parents knew Harry' & Clarissa's son Claud (AVMarshall) but both my parents are now deceased. I have been told that Claud had a son called Bonzo (real name unknown) & he in turn had 3 children, Mildred Susan & Toby, but I do not know the surnames of the females, nor where they lived other than I understood it was in the UK.
I also have no idea of when they lived / are still alive. They were very remote relations through Laura McClean (d of Charles Daniel & Clarissa W Free). Bobbie Smith
Bobbie

Return to Surnames M