HARRIOTT family in Bermuda

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

HARRIOTT family in Bermuda

Postby DeeeeW » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:06 pm

Would anyone looking at BERMUDA genealogy include in their work the family HARRIOTT? I have mine traced through my grandmother Mary Louisa Trounsell HARRIOTT as follows:
Benjamin HARRIOTT b. 1715, Mary HARRIOTT b. abt 1761, Nathaniel Benjamin HARRIOTT b. 1801,Florentius Frith HARRIOTT b. 1845, Mary Louisa Trounsell Harriott, b. 1868.

I believe from Nathaniel (1715) it goes back to John HARRIOTT (1685), Joseph HARRIOTT (maybe 1659). My hope is another Bermuda HARRIOTT descendant can help me with the very early HARRIOTTs in Bermuda
DeeeeW

Re: HARRIOTT family in Bermuda

Postby LexieArnott » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:15 am

Nathaniel Benjamin is my great great great-grandfather.

This isn't a tree I've created, but I've just found it.

http://records.ancestry.com/Nathaniel_B ... =126538765

Hope you find this useful.

Lexie
LexieArnott

Postby DeeeeW » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:58 pm

Lexie Arnott...thanks for replying to my request on Bermuda Harriott's. You say Nathaniel Benjamin Harriott of Bermuda is your 3 greats grandfather...he is my 2 greats grandfather...I wonder now how we are related ....where do you live and who were your parents. I live in Marlborough, Ma USA...hope you will reply....David M. Williams
DeeeeW

Postby LexieArnott » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:51 pm

I see your great-grandmother was Florentius Frith Harriott. My great-great grandfather was Benjamin James, her brother.

My Grandfather was Edmund Harriott who was born and died in Bermuda. My mother and her sisters are all Bermudian (their mother was a MacLeod born in Boston, but raised in Canada) but my father was in the Canadian military, stationed in Bermuda in the 1970s.

I am in Nova Scotia, Canada.

Lexie
LexieArnott

Postby DeeeeW » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:55 am

Lexie

Florientious Frith Harriott is a man and is my great grandfather. He married Elizabeth Jane Lawrence. Their first born was Mary Louisa Harriott and she married Ludwig Johnsen. Their third daughter was Wilhelmina Iona Johnsen, my mother. We do have a connection and I would like to correspond with you.
DeeeeW

Postby DeeeeW » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:04 pm

Lexie

Looked up you grandfather, Edmund Herman James Harriott on my tree and find he had four daughters Janet, Susan, Margaret, and Catherine. Which is your mother? I have a Bermuda Harriott tree which was created by a cousin and I have added to it like the Turks Island Harriott's over the past 10 years. Would like to communicate with you about our Harriott connection. Have you ever been to Bermuda? Do you have living relatives there still? I live in Marlborough, Massachusetts.

Dave Williams
DeeeeW

Postby Batesy65 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:13 pm

I wondered if anyone could help me with information regarding the Harriott family in Bermuda (and elsewhere) from the 1850s through to the present day?

There appears to be information regarding older generations back to the 1600s but I’m looking to be able to add to a side branch of my family tree where a Harriott (Susan) married into my cousin’s husband’s family here in the UK in 1968.

For me it looks like this forum has linked up a number of Harriott generations but it is the more modern information that I seek so as to piece it all together and I’m unlikely to get it from anywhere else.

Many thanks in advance.
Batesy65

Return to Surnames H