disapearance of the old carib gen community

Discussion related to Caribbean genealogy.
THIS BOARD IS NOT FOR LISTING SURNAMES!!

disapearance of the old carib gen community

Postby chriscod » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:39 pm

I don't know if Bimjim is monitoring this new and very nice set-up but if he is I hope to persuade him to reach me via e-mail... Otherwise I have seen virtually no activity on Carib-L and wondered if either everyone died, was caught in New Orleans or have found a new and better forum for advancing their research. Does anyone have insight on this?
Kind regards and thanks Jim for your work
Cod
CM Codrington
Researching Codrington and related families in the Caribbean 1640-1880. Family trade and business networks
chriscod

Postby bimjim » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:10 pm

Bimjim (Jim Lynch) is in fact the owner here, Colonel John... howzit going?

I have seen very little activity on the old Caribbean-L myself, and I suspect the reason is the same as why I changed the Index to this format - SPAM. The Caribbean-L exposes all users to the SPAM harvesters, both by listing all posts in the Rootsweb archive as well as by mirroring the entire List elsewhere.

I have been trying to make this address public and the fact that the format has changed for the better... from the steady accumulation of registrations and posts it looks like the word is getting out slowly but surely.

I hope you will be as active here as you were on the old Caribbean-L... this time without all the SPAM streaming into your mailbox.

Welcome...

Jim Lynch
Jim Lynch
Owner/Administrator

Caribbean Surname Index
Canadian Surname Index
Irish Surname Index
bimjim
Site Admin

late reply

Postby chriscod » Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:58 pm

:) Hey James, have you gotten any replies via regular mail from me over the past two weeks?????I have received no acknowledgment after your note asking for help on Hist of Ant Sales. Please advise and if there is a technical problem I need to know so I can trouble shoot it....not sure my mail is working consistently
Regards
Cod
Ps if you are up to it Col John is coming into town tomorrow.......
CM Codrington
Researching Codrington and related families in the Caribbean 1640-1880. Family trade and business networks
chriscod

Return to General Discussion