COVER - St Catharines

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

COVER - St Catharines

Postby cgwhitham » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:22 pm

I am researching Agnes Eugenia Cover, daughter of William Cover and Rachel Stewart. Born 9 MAY 1884, Jamaica, probably St. Catharines. migrated to Boston, Massachusetts in 1910. Married Arthur Campbell. Visited family in St. Catharines but raised family in Boston. If you have any information, I would greatly appreciate it. -- cg
cgwhitham

Re: COVER - St Catharines

Postby fordesau1861 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:03 am

Hello CG,
I responded to your previous inquiry on 25th October 2009 at approx 9:55PM EST. I found a Photograph of Agnes Eugenie(a) Cover Born: 1884 Demise: 1934(not sure if this is correct), but you can log on to:search.ancestry.co.uk and look at inquiries for Cover and you will see the photograph of Agnes Eugenie(a) Cover. Hope this helps. I am searching for my Grandfather Eustace Everard Cover who died around 1934 in Jamaica. See previous post on 25th October 2009.
fordesau1861

Postby Stephen Croasdaile » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:29 pm

Hi
I am searching for any relatives to connected to a Sarah COVER who was from St. Anns, Jamaica. She had the following children Andrew, Francis and Ada? If you have any info would be love to hear from you.
Stephen Croasdaile
Stephen Croasdaile

Postby fordesau1861 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:33 am

Hello Stephen,
I will revert on or before 30th September regarding Sarah Cover, in the interim kindly confirm Sarah's maiden name to be Cover

FYI
Be advised that the majority of Cover's from Browns Town, Little Kent, Huntley and Annandale are all related to John Cover who was born in the UK around 1800 and migrated to Jamaica and established himself in the Parish of St. Ann's except for the Africans who took the name Cover after slavery was abolished in 1834. John reputedly married around 1822 to a Sarah Jane Cover (nee Hall).

Cheers

Fordesau
fordesau1861

Postby jsobiz » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:54 pm

Hello,

I have a Cover/Stewart connection in my family. I am wondering if William Cover ever lived in New York.

On the New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957 – Page 14 of the passenger list shows Charles Stewart, my great grand uncle, travelled on April 30th 1917 to New York on the SS Danube. The record also indicates that he was going to visit a “friend”, William Cover (I believed to have been a cousin). At the time William lived at 126W, 100 St. New York in 1917.

I am curious because I know the two families are connected and I am trying to see if William is related to the Covers and Stewarts I am researching. I have also seen family members listed as friends on other passenger lists.
jsobiz

Postby Tredigga65 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:00 pm

Hi Fordeasu,

I was wondering where you got your information from. My name is Traci and I am Agnes Cover Campbell's great granddaughter. I have having a hard time finding information on William and Sarah and wanted to see where you may be looking?

Traci
Tredigga65

Return to Surnames C