LEE, Antigua

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

LEE, Antigua

Postby annieb » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:42 am

I am trying to find anything about a Lee who owned a sugar plantation and was maybe a governor or had a similar role in the 1800's. I have managed to find a William Lee who had 4 children born in St John's I believe and the children were in Liverpool England in the 1851 census. But don't know what happened to William or anything about his parents, wife etc. Can anyone help????

Cheers
annieb
annieb

William Lee

Postby caquart » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:55 am

Have you tried posting on the Carib-L discussion list? Chris Codrington, the moderator, is a font of knowledge on Antigua. Go to <http://groups.google.com/group/soc.genealogy.west-indies/topics>. You'll have to register to post.

I found a William Lee in the slave registers for Antigua on Ancestry, but the register gave no personal information on him with the exception of his list of slaves.
Researching the Aquart family: Martinique, St.Lucia, Grenada, Jamaica.
caquart

Postby bimjim » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:56 pm

Before you head off for the Caribbean-L, please read this...

There were very good reasons why I started this Index, and one was SPAM. If you Post on the Caribbean-L, I suggest you create a new disposable HotMail or Yahoo email address and use that, because the Caribbean-L is also archived... your address - which is displayed in public for all to see - will be available for harvesting by any and every SPAMmer for decades to come.

I quit ALL my personal email addresses about five years ago when my SPAM count was accelerating quickly past 6,000 DAILY. When you go looking for your personal emails, two hours a day spent sorting through the garbage just to find the one or two "good" ones is no longer just an inconvenience.

Chris Cod is on this Index, too. Just send a PM (on this Board) to "chriscod" and ask him your question/s.
bimjim
Site Admin

Re: LEE, Antigua

Postby Pamela » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:38 pm

Hi,

Here is a possible "Lee" link:

I am one of the great-great granddaughters of Patrick and Sita Boatswain of Montserrat. One of Patrick and Sita's daughters was Frances Boatswain, She
married Alfred Marshall of Antigua. Together they had a daughter, her name was Bridget Marshall and she married a WIlliam Lee. They had a son, Prince Alfred Lee who died in 1989.

Hope this helps.

:)

Pam Riley Bassett-Carmalt
Pamela

Return to Surnames L