GOMEZ,Trinidad-Cascade

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

GOMEZ,Trinidad-Cascade

Postby hello322 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:09 pm

P
Last edited by hello322 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gomez, de Laperyouse-Trinidad,W.I.
hello322

De La Peyrouze

Postby caquart » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:57 am

Hello,

I was recently looking at FHL film # 1563353 Vol. U Folio 1 pp. 197-238. The document in question was entered 28 November 1788 and involved the sale of the Mont Brion Estate in the parish of Saint George, Grenada. Louis Maury de la Peyrouze of Trinidad and his wife Marie Anne Felicite D'Ailbout D'Argenteuil (she died 22 September 1782)were mentioned as the original owners. It mentions that Louise Simone de la Peyrouze, their daughter, was married to Louis Alexis de Ruffier of Saint Lucia (they married 15 January 1782). Louis and Marie may also have had a son, Louis (not clear).

Don't know if this helps you. The name was unusual so I remembered it. The document was in bad shape and very long and complicated.

Cathy
Researching the Aquart family: Martinique, St.Lucia, Grenada, Jamaica.
caquart

GOMEZ,Trinidad-Cascade

Postby hello322 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:05 pm

Last edited by hello322 on Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
hello322

De La Peyrouze

Postby caquart » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:50 pm

Hi Again,

Thank you for the info! I now have a possibly different spelling for my gg grandmothers name, (de La Peyrouse) I believe "my"Louise de Lapeyrouse-Gomez had a brother or Uncle named Louis Maury de Lapeyrouse.

I'm glad the information is useful. I would guess the names I gave you are perhaps your Louise's "greats" of some kind as the dates of the individuals in the document are about 100 years earlier than the date of birth for your Gomez ancestor. The names seem to be repeated through the generations as with a lot of families. Anyway, if you are following the de la Peyrouze line, you may find more information in the Grenada records.

Cathy
Researching the Aquart family: Martinique, St.Lucia, Grenada, Jamaica.
caquart

Postby bimjim » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:38 pm

I use the IGI for guidance towards new info - and then verify, because with direct family tree contributions the IGI is subject to familial "wishful thinking"...
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Search/ ... ch_IGI.asp

I entered several variations of your surname and ran the search in several obvious locations, ended up with only one response for Perouse in Southwest Europe.

You may want to consider that, in a day when most people could not read or write and (like later immigration officers) scribes wrote down - in their own spelling - what they heard spoken, the following surnames could have been interpreted in another language as yours...

For instance, an English scribe or clerk hearing the name PEROZ pronounced with full and fancy Spanish flair could write something pretty close to PEROUSE. So if an embellished Spanish gentleman came up and quoth with a heavy Spanish accent "I am Louis Maury de la Peroz!", you would have to admit an uninterested scribe could have recorded his as "Louis Maury Delapeyrouse".

I am including all the database results because I am not sure which nationalities considered the first/middle/last name as the patronym, or family name... by all means try the IGI yourself, but please do not take the results as gospel, they should be verified before you accept them as such.

--

International Genealogical Index / Southwest Europe - 13
Select records to download - (50 maximum)

1. ANA MARIA <PEROZ> - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Female Christening: 16 MAR 1663 San Juan Bautista, Bocigas, Valladolid, Spain

2. ANA MARIA <PEROZ> - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Female Christening: 16 MAR 1663 Bocigas,San Juan,Batista, , Valladolid, Spain

3. Francisca Peroz Andorilla - International Genealogical Index

4. Juan Peroz Lacota - International Genealogical Index

5. JUAN PEROZ DE RIBAS - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Male Marriage: 18 JUN 1677 Diocesis De Granada, Granada, Spain

6. JUAN PEROZ - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Male Marriage: 15 FEB 1795 San Roman, Acedre, Lugo, Spain

7. MANUELA PEROZ MURAN - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Female Christening: 17 APR 1716 Santos Juanes, Bilbao, Vizcaya, Spain

8. MARGARITA PEROZ - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Female Marriage: 19 SEP 1604 Santa Maria La Mayor, Tordesillas, Valladolid, Spain

9. MARIA PEROZ JATIVA - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Female Christening: 16 JUL 1690 Santa Catalina, El Bonillo, Albacete, Spain

10. Maria Gatridis Peroz - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Female Birth: 21 JUL 1830 Cathedral Of St Mary The Crowned, , Gibraltar, Gibraltar

11. MATIAS PEROZ - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Male Marriage: 14 JUN 1865 Invencion De La Cruz, Salvador De Zapardiel, Valladolid, Spain

12. MIGUEL FRANCISCO REMON AZCONA PEROZ - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Male Christening: 07 OCT 1718 Nuestra Senora De La Asuncion, Riezu, Navarra, Spain

13. PAULINA PEROZ - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Female Marriage: 08 OCT 1849 San Saturino, Pamplona, Navarra, Spain
bimjim
Site Admin

Return to Trinidad