Aquart - St. Lucia

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

Aquart - St. Lucia

Postby caquart » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:52 pm

Looking for any information on the descendants of Jean Marie Aquart (b. circa 1750 Le Francois, Martinique) , his wife Marie Catherine Coulon and their children Joseph Raymond (married Elisabeth Plant), Marie Francoise Charlotte (married Pierre Jean Marie Marucheau), Marie Joseph (married her first cousin Francois Aquart), Jean Marie (married Marie Charlotte Adelaide Aquart of Martinique), Charles St. Luce (married Josephine Plant) and Jean Baptiste (married Josephine Polixene laPorte du Lamoua). The family is also connected to the Drivon, Ferguson, la Corbiniere and Drysdale families.

The St. Lucia Aquarts are tied to the Grenada Aquarts and also to the Martinique Aquarts. Jean Marie Aquart had property on Bequia and his estate on Saint Lucia was called Grande Anse. Some of the children were born in Grenada.

Jean Marie Aquart had a brother, Benoit, who lived in Grenada, but died in St. Lucia. He also had a brother, Jean Modeste Aquart, who married Jeanne Charlotte Marucheau of Grenada.

Jean Marie Aquart Sr.'s father, Raymond Aquart was living in Martinique in 1793 near Le Marin.

The Coulon family were from Grenada (Gouyave).

The Aquart family were French, originally from the area around Bordeaux.

Any information would be much appreciated.
Researching the Aquart family: Martinique, St.Lucia, Grenada, Jamaica.
caquart

Re: Aquart - St. Lucia

Postby Kaila Kimo » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:41 pm

Hi, I'm related to some La Corbinieres from St. Lucia. To which La Corbinieres are you related?
Kaila Kimo

Postby caquart » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:18 pm

Hi Kaila,

I've got a Pierre Auguste Burin laCorbinière married to Anne Rose Aurelie Aquart. The marriage took place 26 February 1838. They had at least one son Aurélien laCorbinière (I have him married to Délices Chastanet).

Aurelie was the daughter of Jean Baptiste Aquart and Josephine Polixene laPorte du Lamouaa.

That's all I have,

Cathy
Researching the Aquart family: Martinique, St.Lucia, Grenada, Jamaica.
caquart

Postby Kaila Kimo » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:09 am

Thanks, Cathy! That's more information than I have. I've just begun my search on the La Corbiniere family. If I see anything on the Aquart family in my searches, I'll keep you in mind.

Kaila
Kaila Kimo

Return to St. Lucia