WARNING: reunion.com is a scam...

Discussion related to Caribbean genealogy.
THIS BOARD IS NOT FOR LISTING SURNAMES!!

WARNING: reunion.com is a scam...

Postby bimjim » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:45 pm

WARNING: reunion.com is a SCAM...

Hi...

At this point it is 3 days after I made a confirmed payment of US$60 through PayPal to reunion.com for a year in the Premium Account. So far I still have no access to the resources, and my log-in still shows me as a FREE user.

I placed two questions (neither covered by the FAQ) with reunion.com through their support feature, and so far they responded to just one of them with a non-answer and declared the issue closed.

I have initiated a dispute with PayPal, and I am placing this here as a warning to others. I suggest you do not get involved financially with reunion.com because they may not deliver what they promise.

Their payment structure through PayPal is also a recurring one, so beware - next year on the anniversatry they will simply deduct another $60 from your account on the assumption that you know it is recurring (but that payment status is not obvious on signing up).

And the only place to change that recurring payment to on-time payment is in your account at reunion.com. If they don't show you as a paid-up member then you can't change that status.

I have also "broadcast" messages to every department email I can think of at reunion.com. This usually initriates some action at higher levels, but in 24 hours there has been nothing to indicate that anyone cares.

Avoid reunion.com like the plague. They will take your money and leave you fuming at a useless web site.

Jim.
bimjim
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion