BARBADOS-ST VINCENT-TRINIDAD

Discussion related to Caribbean genealogy.
THIS BOARD IS NOT FOR LISTING SURNAMES!!

BARBADOS-ST VINCENT-TRINIDAD

Postby momlane » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:31 pm

I was wondering if there were any ship manifest for ships going from Barbados to St. Vincent or from St. Vincent to Trinidad in the late 1800s to early 1900s, and if so were can they be found? Thank you.
Elaine
momlane

Postby bimjim » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:42 pm

There is a series of very large books - part of the name is "Passenger Lists" - which started about 1980 with three volumes. Since then, at least one volume, sometimes three, have been issued every year and add to that particular wealth of knowledge.

I am sure they are very expensive, so you may find them in your local Reference Library. I have only seen them in the Metro Toronto Reference Library, in the genealogy section on ther fourth floor, and I go every year or so to check whether I have any new entries for my research - the new annual issues provide names from whatever Lists are discovered or made public in the preceding year.

The content format is alphabetical by name, with age, nationality, and names of other passengers travelling in that group (family or otherwise). Other information provided with each name includes the name of the ship, the origin and destination.

The sources of the Passenger Lists is provided, but nothing else. If I remember correctly, it tells you where to find it, but does not group the names by ship/date.

There is another source oif Passenger Lists on the Net, but I jave not used it for some time. It provides passenger names by ship and date, and is mostly for trips between the Caribbean and North America (but there may well be lists of trips between islands).
bimjim
Site Admin

Ships Gong Beween Island

Postby momlane » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:03 am

Thank you for your reply. I'll try to find those books in the Library

I have been to the Ellis Island website and have found some of my ancestors but, that site is only for ships come from Caribbeen to NY.

I know that some of my family went from Island to Island and I was just hoping to be able to find a website that would have ship manifests and then I would know when and how they went. Thanks again for all your help.

Elaine
momlane

Return to General Discussion