RICHARDSON - Antigua, St. Martin, Anguilla

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

RICHARDSON - Antigua, St. Martin, Anguilla

Postby Badminton » Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:15 am

Heather Nielsen seeking RICHARDSONS from mainly Antigua, St. Martin and Anguilla - also other West Indian islands - from 1600's
Badminton

Postby yokshan » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:07 pm

Hello Heather,

I have managed to trace my Great Great Grandfather Duncan Richardson from Sandy Point in Anguilla. I am told he has a son still alive living in Tortola? My Grandfather is Ebenezer Carty whose father was James Carty and his mother was Francis Richardson.

Duncan had 19? children with a woman called Ella and had a relationship with a woman (Unknown) who gave birth to James Carty I think. I can only assume that this lady was a carty given James' surname, unless the information that I have been given is incorrect and possibly Francis was his daughter or it could be that James had a relationship with one of his cousins being a Richardson (Not uncommon)

Would love to hear from you if you can shed any light on any of the above

Regards

Yokshan
yokshan

Richardson/Carty

Postby Badminton » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:09 am

If you can give me any approx dates I'm to look for it would help.
I do have Anguilla Anglican records until c.1920 (deaths c1950) but the Methodist were all lost prior to c.1910 in a fire. Civil records only started 1883 and again, my transcriptions stop around 1908.
There is only one marriage listed for a Duncan Richardson to a Chloe Richardson April 25, 1855 both of Anguilla. Entry No. 35. Neither signed the Anglican Church Registry. Witnesses were Thomas Flemming and Edward L Carter.
Heather
Badminton

RICHARDSON/ASHLEY FAMILY SEARCH ASSISTANCE SOUGHT

Postby jricho » Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:57 am

Hi
I am John Richardson from Sydney Australia, I too am seeking information about my great grandfather, ,who went by the name/s of John Ashely or John Richardson. All I know is that he came from Jamaica. I wish you well in your search, as I have had no luck at all so far.
Regards
John
jricho
jricho

Jamaica Richardsons

Postby Badminton » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:43 pm

Have your tried:

http://jamaicanfamilysearch.com

The Richardsons of Jamaica go back to the 1600/1700's

If you find you are connected to other West Indian island Richardsons, let me know as I have a large Richardson database.
Badminton

Thank You

Postby jricho » Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:39 am

Thank you so much for your help. I have not tried this site yet, so I will give it a go and contact you regarding my connection with the West Indian Richardsons.

Kind Regards

John
jricho
jricho

RICHARDSON,St. Martin,Antigua

Postby solost » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:05 am

Tim Hinkel, Rockville, MD- USA
My family records go back to a John Richardson who was granted 100 acres on Antigua on 18 March, 1679 near the town of Parham. His son, John owned a plantation named "Barnes" on North Sound, Antigua. He died in 1734 or '35. He and his wife Margaret had 5 childern: Elijah, Zephaniah, John, Anna, & Margaret. I have quite a bit more, but the guidelines say to keep this note short, so here goes: next Elijah begat John (who moved to St. Martin) who begat Thomas (St. Martin) >> then came Thomas (St. Martin) >> then Thomas (Curacao) then >> Thomas (Cincinatti) then >> Eugene (Philladelphia) then >> Susan, my Mother (Philladelphia) and then me. Sorry for the choppiness, but I don't know how brief to make this.
solost

Richardson/Gumbes connection

Postby solost » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:57 am

Tim Hinkel
Hi Heather, I noticed on the "G" index that you are interested in Gumbs as well. The first of the Thomas Richardsons I mentioned in the previous post married Sarah Gumbes on 8 November 1794 in the English Church on Anguilla, and again on 11 May, 1795 in the Dutch Church in St. Martin. My records show the spelling as Gumbes, but perhaps it could go either way. I'll post soon on my Gumbes relatives in the "G" index.
solost

Thanks Tim

Postby jricho » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:47 am

Thanks for your information Tim. I have had a lot of trouble trying to find anything simply because the only information I have about my great grandfather is that on his marriage certificate to my great grandmother (in Australia) he is listed as being born in Jamaica. His surname on the certificate is actually ASHLEY and for some reason it was changed to RICHARDSON. Thanks again for your help.
Regards

John
jricho
jricho

Re: RICHARDSON - Antigua, St. Martin, Anguilla

Postby juliandelag » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:53 pm

Hi Heather!

I'm now here, came from ancestry. Now maybe we can have some information shared. Do you have more information on Vans Speijk Richardson? Maybe we can work together on this :D . Please let me know.

Regards.
juliandelag

Postby Catmonic » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:35 am

Hi All I am the great great grand daughter of Alice Augusta Richardson Hughes and Hezekiah Richardson of Anguilla. They where from West end and East End. My grand mother was born in Anguilla West End. Hoping to find any relative from any of the islands..
Catmonic

Postby Badminton » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:04 am

This must be your line.
Please can you correct and add to it for me?
I have several possibilities for her death.
Am unable to pinpoint births of either Hezekiah or Alice, possibly because they were Methodists and their records up to c1910 lost in a fire. Do you have anything.
Regards

Descendants of Hezekiah Richardson

1 Hezekiah Richardson b: 1874 in of West End, Road Division, Anguilla. Labourer. Black. d: Aft. September 17, 1919
. +Alice Augusta Hughes b: 1874 in of Long Bay, Road Division, Anguilla. Black. m: September 25, 1893 in Civil Authorities Anguilla. Bachelor Spinster. 19/19. Neither signed.
..... 2 Virginia Elizabeth Richardson b: August 23, 1893 in of West End, Road Division, Anguilla. Black.
............ 3 Anna Matilda Richardson b: September 14, 1917 in of West End, Road Division, Anguilla. Black. d: November 17, 1920 in of West End, Road Division, Anguilla. Black. Aged 3y4m of diarrhoea.
..... 2 Joseph Alfred Richardson b: May 2, 1895 in of West End, Road Division, Anguilla.
..... 2 Rebecca Gertrude Richardson b: December 17, 1896 in of West End, Road Division, Anguilla. Black.
............ 3 Unnamed Richardson b: March 27, 1915 in of West End, Road Division, Anguilla. Black. d: March 28, 1915 in of West End, Road Division, Anguilla. Black. Aged 1 day of congenital debility.
............ 3 Geron Alphonse Richardson b: April 16, 1916 in of West End, Road Division, Anguilla. Black.
............ 3 Cloreta Lavinia Richardson b: July 12, 1918 in of West End, Road Division, Anguilla. Black.
..... 2 Mary William Richardson b: September 27, 1898 in of West End, Anguilla.
..... 2 Wallace Annestrere Richardson b: July 25, 1902 in of West End, Anguilla.
..... 2 Ida Augusta Richardson b: May 17, 1906 in of West End, Road Division, Anguilla. Black.
..... 2 Lavinia Richardson b: April 24, 1908 in of West End, Road Division, Anguilla. Black.
..... 2 Zenora Richardson b: May 6, 1910 in of West End, Road Division, Anguilla. Black.
..... 2 Jemima Vanita Richardson b: April 26, 1912 in of West End, Road Division, Anguilla. Black.
..... 2 James Nathaniel Richardson b: August 7, 1914 in of West End, Road Division, Anguilla. Black.
==========

Is this the same Hezekiah?

Descendants of Hezekiah Richardson

1 Hezekiah Richardson b: Bef. 1881 in of West End, Road Division, Anguilla. Black labourer.
. +Sarah Richardson b: Bef. 1883 in of West End, Road Division, Anguilla.
......... 2 Clarise Glodada Florence Richardson b: January 30, 1901 in of West End, Road Division, Anguilla. Labourer. d: April 30, 1939 in of West End, Road Division, Anguilla. Black labourer. Aged 40y of pulmonary tuberculosis.
............. +Charles Wilfred Hughes b: 1893 in of West End, Road Division, Anguilla. Black Labourer. m: September 14, 1922 in Civil Marriages Anguilla. 29/21. Bachelor/spinster. d: July 14, 1938 in of West End, Road Division, Anguilla. Black labourer. Aged 41y of myocarditis.
=======
Badminton

Postby Catmonic » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:14 pm

Correct it is. My great grand Mother was Maude and my grand mother Anesta. that is true. Thanks for the info. My cousin did a family tree but never went that deep. I will informed her. Thanks again. I was born in Curacao.

Monica
Catmonic

Postby Badminton » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:25 pm

So - Hezekiah Richardson born 1874 was married to Alice Augusta Hughes but had one child with a Sarah Richardson in 1901 as per my last message?
Just confirming so I can amend my database.

Do you have any more info to add to what I gave you?
Thanks.
Badminton

Postby Catmonic » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:31 am

I did not email my cousin as yet because I was quite ill over the weekend and will do that possible tomorrow Gods willing.
Thanks again,

Monica
Catmonic

Next

Return to Surnames R