LINDO - Jamaica

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

LINDO - Jamaica

Postby JuliaP » Fri May 12, 2017 11:22 pm

I am trying to trace my son's father's Jewish lineage. He is a Lindo from Jamaica. I also have his parent's and grandparent's names.

His mother, Lollis Pencle is a Seventh Day Adventist and his father, Clifford Lindo (born 1921 dead 1993) was more Rastafarian but I am not sure what religion he was born with. Clifford's father is James Lindo we are told that there is Jewish heritage in the bloodline.

Our educated guess is his ancestors came to Jamaica through Alexander (Elisha) Lindo who was born in 1742 in France and died in 1812.

Any help and resources would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Julia
JuliaP

Re: LINDO - Jamaica

Postby chasdobie » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:20 am

Julia,

I have Frances (Fanny) Penelope Lindo married to George William Meikle in Port Maria in 1874. I have 3 children listed, Ernest George Lindo Meikle, b. 9 Jan. 1876, Mary Isabella Meikle, b. 1 July, 1877, and Luna Meikle, b. c. 1880. The first 2 births are confirmed by baptism records on familysearch.org. The 3rd hasn't been confirmed yet.

Unfortunately I know nothing about Fanny Lindo's ancestry, and I'm not directly related to this family so I don't know any descendants.

Charles Dobie.
chasdobie

Re: LINDO - Jamaica

Postby JuliaP » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:51 pm

Thank you Charles. I am not sure if there is a connection but I will keep the info in case it comes up again in the future.
JuliaP

Return to Surnames L