ROBERTSON - Jamaica

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

ROBERTSON - Jamaica

Postby lmrobdoug » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:07 pm

I am trying to find information on my great grandfather, William Alexander Robertson. Birth 1786, Death 1881. He may have migrated as a child from Scotland to Jamaica, not sure though. As women were not listed in marriage/death records, I have not been able to find much on him.

My grandfather was James T. Robertson, and my dad was Cyril Alexander Robertson. I am a serious researcher and would love any help on this family tree.
lmrobdoug

Re: ROBERTSON - Jamaica

Postby Shellie » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:53 pm

Where in Jamaica are your Robertson's from?
Shellie

Postby Shellie » Mon May 01, 2017 4:33 pm

The Robertson's are a close family friend to the Grey's dating back to Scotland. I have a family tree for them which contains the names you mentioned. Please respond and I will assist you.
Shellie

Postby lmrobdoug » Mon May 01, 2017 5:30 pm

Dear Shellie!

Thanks for your e-mails! It has been a while since I checked this site and was pleasantly surprised to see your messages. I believe that my grandfather, James Theophilus Robertson grew up in the Corporate area and lived in Jacks Hill at some point in his life. My great-grandfather, William Alexander is whom I am trying to place on my family tree along with my great-grand mother, whose name I do not know, and of course any other family members thereafter. My dad introduced us, ( my brothers and I) to a few of his relatives: Jimmy Robertson lived in Coopers Hill, I believe, and was a bee keeper; Evelyn Robertson-Chin and Rosie Robertson, her sister were the other two Robertsons that we met. There were also some other relations that I believe were from James' first wife, Ella Mae. Any help you can give me would be appreciated.

Lois Robertson-Douglass
lmrobdoug

Postby Shellie » Fri May 12, 2017 3:31 am

Hi Lois,

I checked with the Robertson's and they wanted to know where your Robertson's are from. As always the names you provided were passed down throughout the generations however we are trying to find out which of the Robertson branches you belong to.
Shellie

Postby lmrobdoug » Fri May 12, 2017 5:06 pm

Hi Shellie!
Thanks for your follow up. That is my problem in my search. I don't know where in Scotland (or Ireland) my Robertson ancestors were from! From what I gather my Robertson branch had lands in the Kingston area in Jamaica: Antrim Gardens and Jack's Hill, St Andrew. That is all I know about my side. I do know that there was a larger branck in St. Elizabeth, from which Duncan Robertson hails! I don't know very many Robertsons, and only those I referenced in my last post. My grandfather James Theophilus was born in 1868, but I have not found a brith certificate in Jamaica. I am assuming that great grand father William Alexander would have been between 1800 and 1830 or so.

I am so grateful for your responses even if nothing comes of my querry. I have done the Ancestry DNA along with my brother, Paul, but so far no links found. I also just did the GEDmatch.com sharing of my DNA sample and if you are on that site, I will give you my Kit #.

Regards,

Lois Robertson
lmrobdoug

Postby lmrobdoug » Fri May 12, 2017 5:09 pm

Shellie!

In my first post, I gave dates of William's birth and death. I am now questioning that information, as I am not sure if the information I found is in fact his.

Lois
lmrobdoug

Return to Jamaica