CHISHOLM - Jamaica (Scottish)

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

CHISHOLM - Jamaica (Scottish)

Postby Melene » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:37 pm

Hello All,

I am currently researching my Chisholm ancestry I have gone as far back as My GGGG Grandfather who was Scottish his name was John Robert Chisholm he sired John Gordon Chisholm who sired Wellesley Chisholm and the family was in St. Ann's Parish as well as Falmouth in Trelawny. John Gordon Chisholm married Mary Ann Bourke and had 9 children together before she passed away and he remarried a woman by the name of Carvalho. John Gordon Chisholm died in Pennsylvania and his body was returned to Kingston Jamaica on Winward Road. I would love if anyone can help me go beyond John Robert Chisholm and possibly help with the locations of the other 8 children that JGC and MAB had together. Thank you anyone who can help, even in directing me in the right direction to continue my search.
Melene

Re: CHISHOLM - Jamaica (Scottish)

Postby Graceofsummer » Tue May 09, 2017 2:00 am

My ancestor was also John Robert Chisholm who was married to Catherine Wiles. Her death certificate states that he was a clerk of holy orders, I believe from the University of Edinburgh. He is also listed as Island Curate in the Parish of Vere.

His son was John Gordon Chisholm, b.1845, who married Mary Ann Burke (Bourke?). Sorry I cannot help with the location of the siblings.

If you have any insight about why John Robert Chisholm traveled to Canada or Nova Scotia, I would be grateful.

I do know that Catherine died in 1895, and John Robert Chisholm remarried Mary Catherine Diggins in Canada at the ripe old age of seventy something! He died in Canada.

The name Carvalho shows up on my tree as well.
Graceofsummer

Return to Jamaica