YEARWOOD / YARWOOD, John Allan - Barbados

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

YEARWOOD / YARWOOD, John Allan - Barbados

Postby LindaF » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:46 pm

I'm seeking the family of John Allan Yearwood/Allen Yearwood/Yarwood) born in Barbados of African black descent. He was born in 1892, 1894 or 1895. There were several John Yearwoods from Barbados living in Brooklyn, New York or Manhattan about 1946-1947. Upon reviewing my records in Ancestry.com, I need to clarify the individuals. John Allan Yearwood might be my children's grandfather.
Please contact me if you have any information on the John Allan Yearwood family.
Thank you,
Linda
LindaF

Re: YEARWOOD / YARWOOD, John Allan - Barbados

Postby CEBFW » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:55 pm

My grandfather Mathew Yearwood, a black Barbadian schoolteacher left Barbados around 1890 and moved to St. Vincent. Is there any connection? That is all that I know about his background. He did attend the Codrington Teachers College in Barbados.
CEBFW

Re: YEARWOOD / YARWOOD, John Allan - Barbados

Postby LindaF » Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:50 am

Hello,
I'm sorry that I don't know any Yearwood families in the U.S. or Barbados. I visited Barbados once and attempted to obtain a birth certificate for Allan Yearwood/Yarwood, but didn't have success. At that time the records could only be requested in person ... there were no on-line or email requests. I did find that the surname Yearwood appears much more often than Yarwood, in the phone book, in other contexts, etc. In my case, I think Yarwood may be a British phonetic pronunciation of Yearwood.
Good luck with your search.
Linda
LindaF

Return to Barbados