Catholic Records for Grenada and St. Lucia

Discussion related to Caribbean genealogy.
THIS BOARD IS NOT FOR LISTING SURNAMES!!

Postby caquart » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:35 pm

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to access Catholic Records for Grenada and St. Lucia? Has anyone managed to do this with any success?
Researching the Aquart family: Martinique, St.Lucia, Grenada, Jamaica.
caquart

Postby yvonne emanuel » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:28 pm

I haven't found any as of yet. But.. if I do I will post the l source.
I am going to begin looking for my maternal gmother's family(Surnames:Pollard & Moore) ,St Lucia shortly. I need more info to ask the right questions to the group.
I have been researching the Grenada connection my Paternal grandfather Louis LaMotte. A cousin recently passed away (Fedora Grant) which prompted me to go to the lnand of my forfathers.

Yvonne
DeLaMotte, LaMotte, LaMothe, Belfon,Pollard, Moore (Grenada, Panama. Barbados St Lucia)...Agusta Moore and Mr. Pollard ,Barbados, moved to St. lucia had 4 or 5 children one named Roselind Pollard born 1898. married a Louis LaMotte Jr. in Panama
yvonne emanuel

Catholic church records

Postby yvonne emanuel » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:49 pm

When you get a chance please inform me as to how you started you rsearch with them.
I had phoned the Anglican church to pay for documents but a powerplay occurred which made my head do a reeeeeal 360. :roll:
At the time it was best to lose the battle inoreder to win the war and find another way to skin the cat.... family.... hmm :)
DeLaMotte, LaMotte, LaMothe, Belfon,Pollard, Moore (Grenada, Panama. Barbados St Lucia)...Agusta Moore and Mr. Pollard ,Barbados, moved to St. lucia had 4 or 5 children one named Roselind Pollard born 1898. married a Louis LaMotte Jr. in Panama
yvonne emanuel

researching at the church

Postby yvonne emanuel » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:40 pm

This is where I am presently ... going the oral history and film route.
yvonne emanuel

Return to General Discussion