CORNER,BANFIELD,BRADSHAW,MOFFORD,OLTON,+ - B'dos,St. Vincent

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

CORNER,BANFIELD,BRADSHAW,MOFFORD,OLTON,+ - B'dos,St. Vincent

Postby Connor DeMerchant » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:25 pm

Looking for relatives of the following surnames that came to Saint John, NB, Canada from St. Vincent and Barbados around the same time in the early 1900's.

CORNER, BANFIELD, BRADSHAW, GIBSON, GREAVES, HUNPHREY, MAYERS, MOFFORD, OLTON and others.

I am a descendant of the CORNER, BRADSHAW, and GIBSON families. I have info. on these families that someone may be interested in.
Connor DeMerchant

Re: CORNER,BANFIELD,BRADSHAW,MOFFORD,OLTON,+ - B'dos,St. Vin

Postby tielle51 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:58 pm

In researching my ancestor, Rev. Dougald Neil McPhail, I traced him to his missionary work in St Vincent, BWI from around 1911 to at least 1935. In 1934 he married Miriam Cozier of St Vincent. Her mother was Telina/Selina? Mofford. I believe her sister (name unknown) was married to Theophilus Emmanuel Olton. I found Theo on a Canadian Passenger List, traveling from Bermuda to St John, New Brunswick in 1920; other passengers were Cuthbert Lawrence Mofford and Reginald Adolphus Mofford.

On a 1933 Canadian Passenger List I found Glodine Olton, age 17, traveling from St Vincent to St John, NB. She was accompanied by Miriam Cozier. Glodine listed Theo as her brother; Miriam listed him as her brother-in-law.

When Dougald and Miriam were married on 25 December 1934, their witnesses were Cuthbert Mofford (of 126 James St, St John NB) and Glodine Olton (of 186 Millidge Ave, St John). I believe that Glodine later married Athol Mofford.

Hope this may give you a few new hints. It's fun to see that our families are somehow related!
tielle51

Return to St. Vincent