HAYNES, HOLDER, BOXILL - Barbados, St. George, Prerogative

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

HAYNES, HOLDER, BOXILL - Barbados, St. George, Prerogative

Postby rashad » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:38 pm

Im searching for possible relatives or anyone who could help in family search. My grandfather is Evan Athelston Haynes who was born in Barbados on 7th April, 1918. He was Originally from Prerogative, St. George. He died in Barbados on 10th September, 2001. My grandfather's mother was Viola Holder but her maiden name was Haynes.

His father was Coleridge Boxill. He also had siblings named Evelyn McCollin, Sheila Jones, Maurice Haynes, Leslie Haynes, Hartnell Haynes, Glendora Ellis, Desmond Jordan and Erma. Some of his siblings moved to USA. My grandfather was married to Cordelia Clementina Haynes, her maiden name was Alleyne. The list of surnames we are related to that I know of is Prince, Haynes, Boxill,Taylor, Lovell, Davis.

Note: there is different ways some people spell Boxill. I'm not sure if it is spelt correct. Varieties of ways people spell it: Boxall, Bexell, Baxill, Boxhill, Boxill, Boxil, Boxshell, Bicksall, Buxel and Boxell.
rashad

Re: HAYNES, HOLDER, BOXILL - Barbados, St. George, Prerogati

Postby BarbaraF » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:49 pm

I am researching a Haynes family that I have found in Barbados at a much earlier time and would be delighted if we could tie our two families together. The Haynes that I am researching is John Haynes, born about 1659 in New York, USA, died 9 Dec 1689 in New Haven, Connecticut, USA. His son John was living in Barbados at the time of his death. His brother Robert was also living in Barbados in 1689. Evidently the family traveled back and forth regularly between Barbados, England and the US.

We are many years apart in time and may be able to prove a connection only through DNA testing. Several member of my Haynes family have been tested by Family Tree DNA. Do you have test results for any of your Haynes family? I would love to compare results.

Barbara
BarbaraF

Postby rashad » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:39 pm

It would be really cool if we could connect our Haynes Family but none of my Haynes Family has been tested as yet.

Rashad
rashad

Postby BarbaraF » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:23 pm

It would indeed be cool! If you do elect to test, be sure to get a Y-DNA test. This test must be taken by a male and the results show no information about the maternal line. MtDNA tests and Family Finder tests will not give the information we need to try to connect. Please contact me via PM here if you desire to discuss testing futher.

Barbara
BarbaraF

Postby bimjim » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:50 pm

A reminder that - as included in the Terms Of Use and your Registration eMail - email addresses are NOT NOT NOT permitted in public Posts.

To communicate privately, with someone who has Posted, look to the right of THEIR Post for the PM icon, which looks like this Image.

Click on that icon, and it will take you to a Private Message form with the destination already set up, just type and send. There are no limitations on what can be in that message. That form also allows attachments.

HTH

Jim
bimjim
Site Admin

Return to Surnames H