Hi Jim and How bout that Barbados Museum website!????

Discussion related to Caribbean genealogy.
THIS BOARD IS NOT FOR LISTING SURNAMES!!

Hi Jim and How bout that Barbados Museum website!????

Postby chriscod » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:00 am

Hi James
My apologies for the long silence....holidays were a frantic run of under the gun commercial activity punctuated by recurrent ear infections
I enjoyed the letter you sent out and am so glad to see life is still good

What's up with the Barbados Museum web site?????one beautiful page, screwed up html etc etc am I missing something?
Please advise
CM Codrington
Researching Codrington and related families in the Caribbean 1640-1880. Family trade and business networks
chriscod

Postby bimjim » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:07 pm

You know what? In the past I have offered to get involved in several presences, one of those the Barbados Museum (for which my great-grandfather was one of the founders). The response was no, they had everything figured out already.

I was later told the Board is so political they rarely get anything done properly, so I guess that will never be a really great institution.

So I leave it alone. If that's their standard then they are welcome to it. I know in the past they have done great work, some great people have been involved, and they have a wonderful library - for genealogical purposes, anyway.

It would be great to get together with you and do one of those island scavenging tours again... but nowadays I'm a working stiff with a new wife (3 years soon) and just three weeks off a year.

I hope you are doing well....

Jim
Jim Lynch
Owner/Administrator

Caribbean Surname Index
Canadian Surname Index
Irish Surname Index
bimjim
Site Admin

Hysterical Society et al

Postby chriscod » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:59 pm

Hey

Yeah I suspected you had and that whole "politics" bit is why effective institutions cannot allow the Boards to micromanage. They should set goals, approve budgets etc but Not be directly involved in implementation....Oh well.

I'd like nothing better than get into the Big Bird and fly away to de ihlands
right now I'm gettin pretty obsessed with eastern Jamaica since there are so many sites I know of to visit. But I have no interest in flying into Kingston...would love to hook up with someone private or charter who goes over regular like and would let me hitch for a fee. I'm going to work on that. Just come in at Port Antonio or such like and go where I need to go. I just found out that there is indeed a church in Manchioneal (St margaret's) which did have Cod graves suspect most are located i n private plots at Rose Garden, Betty's Hope and Happy Grove since there are references to same in the docs. But right now keeping things peaceful and sane here at home is priority one and it is going ok...I have yet to finish up marriage and financial details too long on standby so must get on with it. I could likely clear that up by spring/early summer and be truly a free man that's the new plan anyhow.
Sorry for my silence I have had this chronic infection which will not go away and it sucks the energy right out of me. When it is active I can sleep an addition 6 hours a day and sometimes I have to. It is respiratory, but not life threatening the damned anti-biotics have suppressed not killed it thusfar. Whoo haaaa bloody bug!

Drop me a line when you have a moment
Chris
CM Codrington
Researching Codrington and related families in the Caribbean 1640-1880. Family trade and business networks
chriscod

Return to General Discussion