HANSON - Jamaica, St. Elizabeth

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

HANSON - Jamaica, St. Elizabeth

Postby Loviniarose » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:43 pm

Has anyone got any information about a Stephen Hanson from St. Elizabeth, Jamaica or of any Hansons?

Stephen Hanson was my children's paternal grandfather, he was mixed-race. It is said that he had very blue eyes and a few of his offspring inherited this feature.
Loviniarose

Re: HANSON - Jamaica, St. Elizabeth

Postby DeeHanson » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:52 pm

Hi, my paternal grandfather is called Stephen Hanson. He had blue eyes and very light skin colour, some say mixed race, some say white. His parents were Jewish, he travelled a lot, he was a watch maker / handyman and had several children.

My father is called Leonard Hanson (he had hazel eyes by the way), he was from Content, St Catherine.

Some of my uncles: Manly Hanson, Derrick Hanson (grey/blue eyes), Clifton Hanson (hazel eyes), Isaiah/Isaac Hanson (grey/blue eyes), Barry Hanson, Busta (nickname, not sure of real name) Hanson.

Any of this sound familiar?
DeeHanson

Postby Loviniarose » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:41 am

Hi thanks for your response. Most of your information sounds very familiar, my children are Marcus, Lorraine and Christopher Hanson, their father is your uncle, named Manley Hanson. You said that your father's name is Leonard Hanson, was he called Lenny and is he now deceased? I also know of Derick Hanson and I have heard of the other names which you mentioned
Loviniarose

Postby DeeHanson » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:56 pm

Oh Hi Rose! It's Darrett from Wolverhampton. Yes his name was Lenny and he has passed away. I met your kids at Arthur's (isaac's) funeral last year.
DeeHanson

Postby Loviniarose » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:03 pm

Hi Darrett

I am pleased to know that you are doing the family research. Have you got any further information?

If you live in London you could visit the archives in Kew, where you could get some more info. I started to do my family research in Barbados, where my father came from. I also went to St. Vincent where my mother's parents came from.

So far I have got a bit of research but there is a lot more to be researched.

Anyway I wish you good luck in your research, and keep me in touch with any information which you got
Loviniarose

Return to Surnames H