MACDONALD, YOUNGHUSBAND, JEFFERS, EDYE - Tobago

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

MACDONALD, YOUNGHUSBAND, JEFFERS, EDYE - Tobago

Postby othams » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:33 am

I am seeking further information about Elizabeth MacDonald, recorded in the notices of her 1st 3 marriages as having been born in Barbados. The notices of banns for her 1st marriage also stated that she was "assisted by her guardian M. van Kerkwyk Esq and Mrs Ravenscroft." Her 1st marriage was at Demerara now Guyana on 5 February 1810, to Robert Younghusband (widower). He died within a fortnight, and she next married Robert D Jeffers (recorded in the notices of banns as born in Monserrat), that marriage also taking place at Demerara (2nd publication of banns 25 May 1811). Jeffers died on 6 December 1815, and his widow then married John Edye (born in North Wales, notice of banns published 1 August 1817). John Edye died at Tobago on 15 August 1829, and an Elizabeth Edye lodged a return of slaves with Tobago's Registrar of Slaves on 18 January 1830.
I have also located a marriage of an Elizabeth Edye to a Thomas Fraser at Kingston Jamaica on 14 March 1840, but I am uncertain whether that was the former Elizabeth MacDonald/Younghusband/Jeffers, or somebody whose maiden name was Elizabeth Edye.
I have also located Merchant Navy records for a Robert Younghusband born at Demerara on 20 August 1810 (possibly a posthumous son of Elizabeth MacDonald's first husband?), and marriage and baptism records for a Robert Younghusband Mariner who married a Maria Lunnon in England in 1831, with whom he had 4 children the eldest of whom was named Elizabeth MacDonald Younghusband.
othams

Return to Surnames M