KIRK / ARMSTRONG / MCEVOY / MCAVEY / CARTY - St. Croix

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

KIRK / ARMSTRONG / MCEVOY / MCAVEY / CARTY - St. Croix

Postby thomascarty » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:21 am

KIRK

I am looking for info on the KIRK family who came from Cavan to St. Croix to work as overseers. There was an Issac Kirk who went over to an uncle there but went either back to Ireland or on to America or Australia.

ARMSTRONG

An Armstrong family sent a ship of Irish to St Croix comprising of 250 people, 90 Cathgolics and the rest Protestants from the three county area of Longford, Cavan and Meath. I do not know the name of the ship, or the date of this sailing. Can anyone point me in the direction that could help me out here?

The Armstrongs were related to a McEvoy / McAvey family who had estates on the island, and themselves were from Longford in Ireland originally.

CARTY

Any info on the CARTY's of the island are welcome, whether of Irish stock, or of families who took the name / were given the name as that was the name of the family who owned the estate the people who took the name were on. Also the same for other islands.

DRAKE (Barbados)

Any info on an Irishman called Drake in Barbados, or those who may be related to him there.
thomascarty

Return to St. Croix (USVI)