HUGGINS - [St Kitts] Nevis

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

HUGGINS - [St Kitts] Nevis

Postby Anne » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:29 pm

Seeking family / ancestry of Hastings Charles HUGGINS 10.4.1857 to 28.2.1923

or his mother Deamer Wallace.

He started off as a butcher in Charlestown but then moved into farming and property.
Anne

Postby yokshan » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:45 pm

Hi not sure if you can help or I can help you.

My father was Bernard Hull whose father was called Lesley and his mother was Elsie Huggins whose mother was known as Manny Huggins. Manny was married to Maud Liburd whose father was Tommy Liburd.

Elsie died in 1981 aged 74 I believe. Got other info about the Hull, Nisbit, Liburd family if interested.

Regards

Lofton
yokshan

HASTINGS CHARLES HUGGINS 10.4.1857 - 28.2.1923

Postby Anne » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:58 pm

Dear Lofton,
This man was my paternal grandfather and he had an illegitimate daughter called Maude Liburd, who had a daughter called Elsie. I would guess that this Elsie, if still alive would be more than 65 years old, probably in her 70s or 80s. However,do you know of this Maude Liburd [or her daughter Elsie]? I guess Maude would have been born around the 1900s. I would be most interested.
Thank you for responding. Anne
Anne

Postby yokshan » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:02 pm

Thank you for responding so swiftly Ann.

As per my initial email Tommy Liburd was my Grandmother Elsie Huggins' Maternal Grandfather. Tommy had a relationship with ??? who gave birth to Maud Liburd. Maud had a relationship with Manny (not sure if you could clarify his name as I am not sure if this was just a nick name) and Elsie Huggins was born in 1903. Elsie died 2nd August 1981 who had a relationship with an Lesley Hull and between them my dad Bernard Hull was born 13.03.1931. Dad died May 10th 2004. Maud had a number of relationships and had other children. I am at work at the moment and have details of these children on a genogram.

Tommy was my Great Great Grandfather on my father's side through his mother Elsie Huggins. Can you tell me anything about Tommy, any other relationships that he had and your side of the family?

It would appear that we are related in some way possibly sharing the same Tommy Liburd as Grandfather through the generations. Your father it would seem was a half sister to my Great Grandmother Maud.
Oops! Made a mistake in the earlier post (Manny was the father of Elsie and not Elsie's mother sorry)

Regards

Lofton
yokshan

Postby Anne » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:48 am

Dear Lofton,
My information is hearsay and I am not sure how solid it is.
Also Nevisians seem to have lots of cousins.
I am going for 2 days to Nevis soon and alongside would happily try for more hearsay for you if you have specific questions.
It may be easier if we did our communicating direct through emails and not through the Caribbean Surname Index.
I am not particularly computer savvy, being of a generation with your father. If I posted my email address here for you, will it be for the world to pick up? I just don't want any more junk mail...
Yours, Anne
Anne

Postby yokshan » Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:03 am

Thank you for your email Anne.

There is always the private mail button we could tab on to exchange information on. So to avoid spams lets do it this way for now.

Regards

Lofton
Last edited by yokshan on Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
yokshan

Postby bimjim » Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:31 am

Sorry, guys, but I have to intervene.

PLEASE do not post your emails on the Index. Just click on the PM button under the other person's post and send messages to each other, or even just use the PM feature instead of emails.

The SPAMmers use "spiders" - software that combs the internet unattended for email addresses - and if you leave your email address here I can guarantee you WILL start receiving SPAM.

I know this well... at one point I had to change email addresses and start using a form for initial contacts because I was receiving upwards of 6,000 SPAM a day. Yes - a DAY. My own email was lost in the flood and I 2was spending more than three hours a day sorting my two or three emails from the thousands.

So please, click on the Edit button in the post above and remove the address, for your own sake. Send your contact a PM (Private Message), and then move to sending each other emails if you wish.

Thanks in advance...

Jim (the Owner/Administrator)
Jim Lynch
Owner/Administrator

Caribbean Surname Index
Canadian Surname Index
Irish Surname Index
bimjim
Site Admin

Postby Anne » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:40 pm

Ashmead, my kin stayed very much in and about StKitts-Nevis; plus the name Huggins in the WI is rather like the name Smith: there are lots and lots of clans. Anyhow, I don't think we are related... Sorry
Anne
Anne

Return to Surnames H