HILL - Barbados, English Convict 1634/35

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

HILL - Barbados, English Convict 1634/35

Postby jrhill » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:51 am

Looking for any information on John Hill who was on the English convict ship Hopewell to Barbados 1634/35
jrhill

Re: HILL - Barbados, English Convict 1634/35

Postby neil.spurgeon » Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:37 am

Hi Mr/Mrs/Ms Hill. Obviously Hill is a VERY common name and your search is very early. I am trying to track the antecedents of Thomas Hill Jamaica circa 1780 and plan to follow as many Hill lines backwards in Jamaica as I can. If you hit any Jamaican lines coming down towards the 1800s in Jamaica, especially in the West (Westmorland or Hanover) could you please let me know. We might be able to meet in the middle.

Regards
Neil Spurgeon
Neil Spurgeon
Researching Hill in Jamica & Ireland, Spurgeon in Essex; Farley in Kent; any help gratefully received
neil.spurgeon

Postby jrhill » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:28 am

Neil,
Sounds like a good deal if we find anything. Hill is very hard, JOHN Hill is even harder. Maybe we both can get lucky.

Jerry Hill
jrhill

Postby neil.spurgeon » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:59 am

Hi Jerry (if I may be so bold)
There is an interesting thread on the Jamaican genealogical Facebook thing about Christian names floating down family trees at present and why this happened a very great deal in seventeenth century West Indian society in particular. There is a John Hill in Hanover, the Keeper of the Pond (sort of early Customs and Excise officer I think - anyway a key local officer) might be worth trying to track back his father and grandfather and see where it leads you.

Regards
Neil
Neil Spurgeon
Researching Hill in Jamica & Ireland, Spurgeon in Essex; Farley in Kent; any help gratefully received
neil.spurgeon

Return to Surnames H