HARRISON - Jamaica, Harrison Town, Ocho Rios

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

HARRISON - Jamaica, Harrison Town, Ocho Rios

Postby ajaye » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:10 am

Looking for ancestry of William Henry Harrison married to Martha Rhoda Bryan March 26 1902. His father was Norman or William Norman. He was born in Jamaica, father or grandfather from England.
ajaye

Re: HARRISON - Jamaica, Harrison Town, Ocho Rios

Postby michaelmcintosh » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:08 pm

William Norman Harrison, Son of William Henry Harrison, son of Richard George Harrison, who is brother to Edward Norman Harrison (my ancestor) who is son of Richard Harrison

William Henry Harrison = Richard Harrison.

I've entered some of this information into familysearch.org. Suggest you check out that sight. My email is there (michael mcintosh) if you want to contact me directly (I am not usually on this board). If you learn anything about Richard Harrison please let me know!).

Family History Library Film 1937928 Will of Edward Norman Harrison lists William Henry Harrison as "brother"

Name William Henry Harrison
GenderMale
Christening date19 Aug 1840
Christening placeSt. Catherine, Middlesex, Jamaica
Father nameRichard Harrison
Mother nameSarah Emma
Batch numberI03873-9
Record groupJamaica-EASy
Film number1291713
Reference numberitem 2 v 5 p 216 St. Catherine

Father of William Norman Harrison is listed as Richard George Harrison. No proof that this is the same Richard George Harrison that is brother to Edward Norman Harrison. However, it is in the right location (St. Ann) and also time line looks about right. In addition the family name of "Norman" makes this seem like the right connection.

Name: William Norman Harrison
Contributor FamilySearch Extraction Program
Source Source type: Other, Image number: 507, Record number: 506, Batch number: I03893-0, Batch number: I03893-0, Location in source: p 13, Source template: INDEX05, Locality: St. Ann, Jamaica, Language: English, Contributor: EXTRACTION

Richard George Harrison as brother.

Name Richard George Menzies Harrison
Gender Male
Christening date 06 Jun 1843
Christening place Parish of St. Mary, Middlesex, Jamaica
Father name Richard Harrison
Mother name Sarah Emma Harrison
Batch number I06336-6
Record group Jamaica-EASy
Film number 1291714
Reference number p. 29, No. 109
michaelmcintosh

Postby ajaye » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:40 am

Thank you for your info.

Coincidentally, I received a call from the current William Harrison (grandson of the Wm Harrison I mentioned in my first message) regarding the same Will of Edward Norman Harrison. He has done his own decoding, but could not yet definitively make the connection between his grandfather and those named in the Will.

I will forward your info to him, this should be one step further in making connections legitimate.

AJ Johnson
Harrison, Nelson, James, Hay, Williams
Harrison Town, Warwick Mountain, Great Pond, Ive Walk
ajaye

Postby michaelmcintosh » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:10 pm

Very good. Thank you.

Somewhere there must be a will for the the senior Richard Harrison (married to Sarah Emma Archer). That could reveal a lot of information.
Any idea where the records of Harrison Town, Warwick Mountain or Great Pond might be archived?
michaelmcintosh

Return to Surnames H