ALLEN,ASH,DYER,ELLIOTT,HEADLEY,HOLDER,JOHNSON,SAMUEL,STRAKER

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

ALLEN,ASH,DYER,ELLIOTT,HEADLEY,HOLDER,JOHNSON,SAMUEL,STRAKER

Postby Loviniarose » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:05 pm

I am interested to contact anyone with these names in their family or have connections with these names. They are family names from my maternal and paternal side.

My maternal ancestors came from St. Vincent and Montserrat. The names are Samuel, Dyer from Chateaubelair, Ash from Lowmans and Straker, all from St. Vincent; and Allen from both St. Vincent and Montserrat,

My paternal ancestors came from Barbados. The names are Headley and Johnson from St.Thomas, Elliott and Holder from St.Michael.

Thanking you in advance for any information.
Loviniarose

Re: ALLEN,ASH,DYER,ELLIOTT,HEADLEY,HOLDER,JOHNSON,SAMUEL,STR

Postby Linda4255 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:37 pm

I am also working on a Headley family tree for a friend and am looking for Goodin(g) and Marshall from Barbados. I would be happy to share information if we have some matches.

Linda4255
Linda4255

Postby Loviniarose » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:38 am

My great grandmother maiden name was Headley. She came from St. Thomas in Barbados. Her name was Ellen Christina Headley, who got married to John Johnson in 1858.

Her parents (my great,great grandparents ),were Corydon and Mary Elizabeth Headley. They were married in 1839. Corydon Headley's name was listed as one of the original landowners of the first black freehold village. This village is Rock Hall in St. Thomas.

I am not aware of any family name Marshall but the book where I got the information about the free village called RockHall was written by Woodville Marshall. The name of the book is called "Freedom Is". In the book an elderly woman who lived in Rock Hall name Ada Marshall provided information about the village to the writer.

My aunt who is now deceased name was Florence Matilda Elliott who married a man whose surname was Gooding. He was white.

My grandmother's sister's name was Katurah Johnson nee Hunte, she had 3 children. One of her sons married a Gooding. His name was Goldbourn Hunte and his wife was the sister of my Aunt Florrie's husband. They had 5 children Marjorie. Patricia, Neville, Frank and Gloria.

Hope that my information helps.
Loviniarose

Postby Linda4255 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:49 pm

Thank you for your reply. That is a great amount of information for us to work with. If we find a connection, I will get back to you.
Linda
Linda4255

Postby Loviniarose » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:03 pm

Ok, I will await your communication.
Loviniarose

Return to Surnames H