CORNER,BANFIELD,BRADSHAW,MOFFORD,OLTON,+ - B'dos,St. Vincent

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

CORNER,BANFIELD,BRADSHAW,MOFFORD,OLTON,+ - B'dos,St. Vincent

Postby Connor DeMerchant » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:25 pm

Looking for relatives of the following surnames that came to Saint John, NB, Canada from St. Vincent and Barbados around the same time in the early 1900's.

CORNER, BANFIELD, BRADSHAW, GIBSON, GREAVES, HUNPHREY, MAYERS, MOFFORD, OLTON and others.

I am a descendant of the CORNER, BRADSHAW, and GIBSON families. I have info. on these families that someone may be interested in.
Connor DeMerchant

Re: CORNER,BANFIELD,BRADSHAW,MOFFORD,OLTON,+ - B'dos,St. Vin

Postby Joan » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:43 pm

Hi Connor... I am a direct descendent of the Gibson and Banfield families. Also related to Bradshaws and Moffords. I know several people from these families left St. Vincent and went to NB in the early 60's, most likely to join relatives already there. The Banfields of St. Vincent site probably has some threads. You can contact the site administrator there for more info.
Joan

Postby abdev » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:52 am

Hi Connor and Joan,
My boyfriend is also a direct descendant of the Corner family, but his grandma is very tightlipped regarding family history, other than the fact that her family was from St. Vincent. They now live in Kings County NB. Any info would be appreciated!
abdev

Postby bimjim » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:07 am

The Mormons' IGI database does not list any CORNER names in the records for St. Vincent and the Grenadines... here is the listing for Barbados...
https://familysearch.org/search/record/ ... 3ABarbados

Here is the listing for New Brunswick...
https://familysearch.org/search/record/ ... unswick%22

--

I am myself looking for an originally Irish Lynch family (merchants) which disappeared from Barbados about 1800 and may have emigrated to somewhere they traded with on the eastern seaboard - I have not done a whole lot of searching, but I have not yet found anybody likely in the Canadian provinces (NB, NS, NL, PE, etc.). So if you come across any LYNCH family members which may have come to Canada from Barbados or Jamaica in the Caribbean I would appreciate a quick note - thank you in advance.

Best wishes,

Jim Lynch
bimjim
Site Admin

Return to Surnames H