HINDS - BARBADOS, BRIDGETOWN

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

Hinds from Barbados.

Postby Caterina » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:58 pm

I have an Elise Hinds i think from Barbados. She had a child with a Charles Cyril Lavine from Barbados(my gg-cousin or something like that). His name was Edwards Decourcey Hinds. He has five children i think all still living in Reading, England.
Are there any connections?

Caterina
Caterina

Hinds Famil

Postby Brenda » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:28 pm

My name is Brenda, I am trying to trace my grandfather's family. His name was Nathaniel Mayhew Hinds (Nathaniel was not his first name, but we cannot remember what it was). He was born around 1911 - 1912 August 19th. He was born in Barbados but grew up in Guyana and had one sister.

I am trying to do my family tree,but know nothing about this side of my family. Help would be appreciated.

Thank you
Brenda

Re: HINDS - BARBADOS, BRIDGETOWN

Postby myron » Mon May 21, 2012 10:44 am

Hi, My name is Myron Hinds, originally from Connell Town, St Lucy I joined my parents in Reading in Jan 1975. My mum was Dorcas Hinds (died 23/12/2003) from Durham, St. Lucy. All the Hinds family comes from or lives mainly in Harrisses, Durham and Josey Hill, St Lucy. I have a family tree I created many years ago. I am one of 6 kids on my mum's side .

The gentleman you refer to from Reading is related, my mum's uncle I believe. Yes we are all related to the folks in Reading you mention. There was also Harold Hinds who lived and died in Leicester, England and there are many Hinds relatives living here in Leicester.

By the way, one of mum's aunt or grandmother's brother left Barbados to live in another Caribbean Island while the others stayed in Barbados.
myron

Return to Surnames H