HUNTE, Trinidad & Tobago

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

HUNTE, Trinidad & Tobago

Postby lucianintt » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:58 pm

Seeking any information about a George Hunte. Don't know his date of birth or death but I can confirm that he would have visited Barbados between 1913 and 1914 and again in 1935. He fathered a child by the name of Ira Hunte in Barbados, who is my grandfather.

My grandfather always told us that he met his father, a Trinidadian, once when he was 21 years old in Barbados. My grandfather passed away in 2001.

I now live in Trinidad and I'm St. Lucian and I beleive that I may have family here. Please contact me if you have knowledge of George Hunte or if he was your grandfather or great grandfather, or if you have any details of someone named Hunte that visited Barbados in those years.

Thanks
Last edited by lucianintt on Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
lucianintt

Postby bimjim » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:29 am

You will have quite a search, I expect, and I hope someone here can help.

Neither the IGI database (on line) nor Ernest Wiltshire's database (on CD) offer any Ira Hunt or Hunte (at all), and neither offers the name George Hunt or Hunte in Trinidad (at all).

Not to say they don't exist, just that they are not documented in those particular sources. Perhaps a researcher may be able to find something for you in the original records, but it seems none of the regional researchers want to be listed here (I am the administrator of this Index), even though it is at no cost.

There ius a Hunt family in Barbados, but I have no wany of knowing if you are related.

Best of luck...

Jim Lynch
bimjim
Site Admin

Return to Surnames H