HAYNES - Barbados, St. John

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

HAYNES - Barbados, St. John

Postby claymore » Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:10 pm

Interested in communicating with relatives of Gen. Robert Haynes or his eldest son, Richard Haynes, of Newcastle Plantation.
claymore

Re: HAYNES - Barbados, St. John

Postby mysunnyone » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:28 pm

Hi, 'Claymore'. Your post was quite some time ago (2007), but perhaps this will reach you anyway.

Lt-General Robert Haynes and Anne Thomasine Clarke Haynes were my 4th great-grandparents. Their 5th son (8th child), William Clarke Haynes, was my 3rd GGF.

I would be _most_ interested in hearing from you, cousin! :)
TTFN, =]) Beth,in west Hamilton/Ancaster, ON, Canada
mysunnyone

Postby BarbaraF » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:17 am

I am researching the family of John Haynes who died in New Haven, Connecticut, and whose will was probated in New Haven and also in New York in 1690. In his will, he left property to his brother, Robert, and to his son, John, both of whom resided in Barbados. I have found a will of Robert Haynes of St Johns Parish dated 12 Nov 1696. Quite possibly, Robert is the brother of John of New Haven. Are either John or Robert your ancestors? If so, I would love to share information concerning the ancestors of John of New Haven and his brother, Robert, of Barbados. I have both paper data and DNA data. Has any male of your line been tested?

Barbara
BarbaraF

Postby JHLovell » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:01 pm

Hi mysunnyone

Re: Lt-General Robert Haynes and Anne Thomasine Clarke Haynes were my 4th great-grandparents. Their 5th son (8th child), William Clarke Haynes, was my 3rd GGF

I am five generations descended from LtGen Robert Haynes, but the matrilineal line in Ann Lovell. She was a freed woman probably from Dummets Plantation, and if they had married would have been his third wife. My surname is Lovell; my father and his father GF and GGF were all Haynes Lovell.

A blended family group travelled to UK at the end of slavery days, and lived in Bath. We retained a silver service set with the Haynes crest until my father passed it to a museum in Barbados. As the illegitimate branch of the family, the eldest son - Robert Haynes Lovell received the second of two sets, the first set belonging to the legitimate heir.

Happy to chat more about this if it's of interest.

JHL
JHLovell

Postby BarbaraF » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:13 pm

Dear JHL,
If I understand your post correctly, you are a direct descendant of Lt. Gen Robert Haynes and only collaterally related to his descendant, Robert Haynes, or John Haynes son of John Haynes of the States. However, you may have some information on the genealogy of the second Robert or of John. If you know the genealogy of these members of the Haynes family, please pass it on.
Barbara
BarbaraF

Return to Surnames H