CHISOLM, Rev. John Robert, GORDON - Jamaica

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

CHISOLM, Rev. John Robert, GORDON - Jamaica

Postby Graceofsummer » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:10 am

I am seeking information on Reverend John Robert Chisholm in Jamaica. He married Catharine Wiles (1818-1895) but I am unable to find his birth and death dates. His son was John Gordon Chisholm b 1845. Curious to know where his middle name Gordon came from, so Also looking for info on a possible great great grandmother named Catharine Gordon.

Summer grace
Graceofsummer

Re: CHISOLM, Rev. John Robert, GORDON - Jamaica

Postby Shellie » Mon May 01, 2017 5:12 pm

The name John Robert spans several generations and branchs of the Chisholm family. i may be able to assist you as a member of the bloodline Chisholm family. Do you know which Parish he may have been born in? The Chisholms settled in the Hanover/Westmoreland area of Jamaica even though during those days, many travelled throughout the island and settled in various Parishes.

Let me know if you would like me to assist further.
Shellie

Re: CHISOLM, Rev. John Robert, GORDON - Jamaica

Postby Graceofsummer » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:59 am

Yes, the fact that many names were repeated through several generations does indeed make for a difficult search. Reverend John Robert Chisholm is an enigma....I have one date b. 1849 in Invernesshire Scotland. Perhaps he received his cleric at the University of Edinburgh. I have no date for his emigration to Jamaica. This birthdate seems incorrect since his first daughter Eliza Louise Gordon Chisholm was born in 1852! In 1857 John Robert Chisholm is listed as island curate in Vere Parish (Jamaica Almanac) . Perhaps I have missed a generation of John Roberts somewhere along the line. Any light you can shed on this will be much appreciated!
Graceofsummer

Return to Jamaica