CARNEGIE, DUNN, LYNCH - Jamaica, Manchester

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

CARNEGIE, DUNN, LYNCH - Jamaica, Manchester

Postby Chrisser » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:40 am

I am looking for information on James Dunn, an Irishman who migrated to Jamaica and married Margaret Carnegie probably in the late 1880's.

I'm particularly interested in knowing who their children were (their daughter Sarah Gertrude is my grandmother, and she married Hylton Lynch).

I would also welcome any information on his Irish family.

Chrisser
Chrisser

Re: CARNEGIE, DUNN, LYNCH - Jamaica, Manchester

Postby Andrea » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:49 pm

Hello... yes they were married 29 December 1880. Her father is Joseph Carnegie and his fathers name is also Joseph Dunn.

They were married at Bethany in Manchester. His occupation is goldsmith.

Your grandmother Sarah was born 19 March 1883 in Castle Town, St Elizabeth, Jamaica
They had another daughter.. no name listed on the birth record born 27 Jul 1881 in Christiana, Manchester, Jamaica. I could not find any other children.

These records can be found on the LDS website.. if you need the records including your grandmother's marriage license let me know.
Andrea

Postby Chrisser » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:27 am

Thanks so much! I have that information but I was hoping to get some background on her father - Joseph Dunn.
Chrisser

Postby Andrea » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:42 pm

I did a quick search and this is what I found on your grandmothers family. Her siblings listed below. This family is not related to me.. hope this info helps.

children of Joseph Embdin Carnegie - Occupation - Builder

1..George William Carnegie married Lucy Elizabeth Lowers 1897 Manchester

2..James Theodore Carnegie married Ellen Novelle Depass 1895 Manchester - Occupation: Minister

{Carnegie, Rev. J. Born at Devon in Manchester 6/14/1863. Son of Joseph Carnegie, builder. Ordained Moravian

minister 1896. Served at Carisbrook, Lititz, Broadleaf, Mizpah, and Beaufort. Add: Darliston P.O.}

3.. Walter Theophillus Carnegie married Florence Muriel Sinclair 1894 Manchester - Occupation: Carpenter

4.. Sarah Carnegie married James Scarlett Samuels 1884 Manchster

5.. Joseph Henry Carnegie married Rosanna Matilda Chavannes 1898 Portland - Occupation: Carpenter
Andrea

Return to Jamaica