DELEON, DARBY - Jamaica, Kingston, St. Elizabeth/St. Andrew

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

DELEON, DARBY - Jamaica, Kingston, St. Elizabeth/St. Andrew

Postby KADJ » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:22 pm

K. Darby, looking for the ancestors of a specific branch of the Kingston DeLeon's: Hubert George Deleon Sr. b. approx. 1879, m. to Gertrude Agusta Calnek and had at least 7 children between 1907 - 1924. Have found many others allegedly linked to Joseph Rodrigues DeLeon, but none list Hubert. H.G. DeLeon or "Bertie" was some kind of administrator for the Jamaican Athletic Association in Kingston and handicapped horse racing in the Gleaner, among other things.

He had one son with the same name (*H. G. DeLeon Jr.) and another son named Noel George who moved to Florida, USA and then England.

H. G. DeLeon had a child out of wedlock with a cook who lived with his family and she was my grandmother Viola DeLeon. Viola married my Grandfather Perceval A. Darby in the 1920's or 1930's.

I am also interested in Darby's and Nethersole's in and around Kingston during the late 1800' as they would be related to my Great Grandparents Charles Henry Darby and Alice Victoria Nethersole. (I've been told Alice had some connection to Noel Newton Nethersole, but I haven't been able to establish any link thus far)

I have a moderately extensive family tree started and would be happy to help others on the same path.

Thanks in advance and good hunting
KADJ

Return to Jamaica