SWABY, WALLACE - Jamaica, Manchester, St. Elizabeth

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

SWABY, WALLACE - Jamaica, Manchester, St. Elizabeth

Postby rhampton » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:46 pm

I am looking for information on my great, great grandmother, Elizabeth Wallace. She married Louis (Lewis) Swaby of Manchester. Louis Swaby was one of ten children born to Sharpe Swaby and Prescilla Grey, who were both slaves.

It is rumored that Elizabeth Swaby was born in St. Elizabeth. I know that both St. Elizabeth and Manchester and Westmoreland were one parish in the early 1800's. My grandmother said that Elizabeth and Louis had many children. These are the names she gave me: Adina, Ann, Francella, Frederick, Helen (Ellen?), John, Kaziel, Lewis, Mary, Phyllis, Samuel, William, Rhoda. All of the children were born in Knockpatrick, Manchester, Jamaica.

I can only find birth certificates/ death notices of some of her children:

William Alexander Swaby: death 1922 (Married Eliza Patton, had several children together)
Male Swaby: birth one 22, 1878
Joseph Theophilus Swaby: May 1, 1880 (Married Isolene Elliot, had several children together)
Female Swaby: May 11, 1881
Female Swaby: January 24, 1883
Female Swaby: March 24, 1886
Female Swaby: November 3, 1887
Female Swaby: May 24, 1890 (process of elimination: Rhoda Swaby is said to be the youngest)

I can't find any information on Elizabeth Wallace or where she was born. Any help will be much appreciated :D
rhampton

Return to Jamaica