HYLTON - Jamaica

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

HYLTON - Jamaica

Postby Macattack » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:56 pm

Hi everyone

I am looking for info regarding the HYLTON family that used to live in Kingston, Jamaica.

Grandfather's name was Everard Hylton, he passed away in 1997 or thereabouts, Grandmother's name was Beatrice.

Their son Roy St Elmo Hylton (my father) came to England in the very late 50's and returned in the early 80's

His brothers name is Bancroft and the sister was known as Robbie

if anyone has any info they could pass onto me it would be appreciated

Macattack :)
Macattack

Re: HYLTON - Jamaica

Postby donnamac25 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:16 pm

Hello,

I am related to the Hyltons of Kingston, Jamaica. My grandfather's mother was born Josephine Hylton. She married Robert Montique Hudson and moved to Buff Bay. Her sister was Esther Hylton Dolphy, My grandfather's first cousin was Bancroft Hylton, who owned a store that sold musical insturments (pianos, etc.) on King Street. His wife was Miriam Hylton. Is this the same Bancroft Hylton of whom you speak?
donnamac25

Postby Macattack » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:25 pm

Hi :)

I'm not too sure if it's the same guy or not. I only met him once very briefly in Montego Bay.

Do you know if he had a brother by the name of Roy?? Did Bancroft ever work on a cruise ship many years ago??

Please keep in touch, any reply would be a great help

Mac
Macattack

Postby dianhylton » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:37 pm

I see a Bancroft Hylton mention here. I was asking my father Devon Hylton, information about family history and he mention Bancroft is his grandfather. His mother is a Gordon of Jamaica. Does anyone have any information they can share with me?
Dian Hylton
dianhylton

Return to Jamaica