BROWN - Family from Caribbean, possibly Jamaica

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

BROWN - Family from Caribbean, possibly Jamaica

Postby johmaka » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:27 pm

Greetings. My name is John Brown and I am attempting to locate my father's family - BROWN, that hail from the west indies. I was told that my grandfather's name was Kelly Columbus Brown, he was a carpenter, and he came to th US by boat, landing in VA. Relatives say he was from Jamaica.
johmaka

Re: BROWN - Family from Caribbean, possibly Jamaica

Postby jojo » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:11 am

You have to 1st start with what Parish he was from(state) Jamaica has 14 parishes ,there are a lot of Brown's in JA so if you find someone maybe you should do a DNA test to confirm
jojo

Postby bimjim » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:25 am

John, if you can post more details that would be helpful. Anything you - or others - can remember may make the difference.

I already ran searches for K Brown, Kelly Brown and Colombus Brown through the IGI (Mormons' database) and came up empty. That does not mean a record is not there, just that such a record has not yet been transcribed by the Mormons. I also ran a quick search for Kelly Colombus Brown on the internet and nothing came back here either.

The internet and these search engines are wonderful, but people cannot find you if the information is not on line in the first place. That's why this resource is here.
bimjim
Site Admin

Postby jojo » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:56 pm

Yes the mormons database is very informative in finding ppl I got my greatgrand uncle's manifest info who he travelled from Jamaica to UK to US 1918 the copy of the documnt was given to me by the mormons search bank in LI, but I wonder what parish Mr Brown was born and was his birth registered... goodluck
jojo

Return to Jamaica