SYLVESTER - Grenada, Hermitage, St Patrick, Carriacou

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

SYLVESTER - Grenada, Hermitage, St Patrick, Carriacou

Postby Jaycee » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:01 pm

Judy Paterson. Father's name is James " Jim" Paterson born 1897. Son of Rosanne Diedre" Sylvester. Sister's name Yourlin. Paternal Mother's maiden name is Sylvester. I believe they were born in Carriacou. My mother's maiden name is John. Ivy was born around 1902 -1903. Her siblings are Lorena, Bryon, Percy, Jenifer, Edna & Perry. Lots of John relatives in Mt Rose, St Patrick.
Jaycee

Re: SYLVESTER - Grenada, Hermitage, St Patrick, Carriacou

Postby kimfatica » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:18 pm

Hello Judy,

We may have relatives in common. I am a descendant of Lily Jane Sylvester, daughter of Lily Scott and Sylvester Joseph AKA Joseph Sylvester of Carriacou. Although he and his wife used the surname Joseph, in his will and the will of his wife, their children are referred to as having the surname Sylvester rather than Joseph. My cousin and I are still trying to unravel that mystery. His son Philip Joseph Sylvester was the warden in Carriacou in the late 1890's. Perhaps my public tree on Ancestry.com will be of help to you. It is listed as Langdon, McIntosh, MacLeod. If you find any common ground, please message me through the Ancestry mail and we can communicate more.

Blessings to you and yours,

Kim
kimfatica

Re: SYLVESTER - Grenada, Hermitage, St Patrick, Carriacou

Postby Niaruby » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:54 am

Hello, I'm searching for any information on a Lily Sylvester and her ancestors. I believe the Lily Sylvester for whom I am looking for is the daughter of Phillip Joseph Sylvester and Agnes Shade (though I am not entirely sure). Do you have any information on any of these people?

Island origin? birth or death date? etc..

Lily would have been my great-grandmother.
Niaruby

Return to Grenada