CONSTABLE, MOURGUE - Dominica, Roseau

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

CONSTABLE, MOURGUE - Dominica, Roseau

Postby Hugh Constable » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:28 am

I am interested in any information on the Constable and Mourgue families who were active in the West Indies in the 1700's and early 1800's. My ggg grandfather was John Charles Constable born in 1770. He had a brother Daniel and a sister Cecilia Rebecca (b 1768). I would love to find out where they were born, when and where their parents (or an earlier generation) arrived in West Indies and where they were from originally. What I do know is that all three siblings were resident in Roseau, Dominica from about 1795 to about 1840.

John Charles Constable married a woman called Laetitia Maria Mourgue in about 1798. She was born in 1779, probably somewhere in the West Indies, and I would like to know where. Her father was a Henry Mourgue. I have found another (French) website which says he was a Captain in the British merchant navy, and he died in 1788 off "Ile Princess". I would like to know where he lived, and exactly where Ile Princess is. (Google does not give much help on this last point.)

These are fairly uncommon surnames, and I would be interested in ANY information on families with these names, no matter which island.

Regards
Hugh Constable
Hugh Constable

Return to Dominica (Island of)