FARQUHARSON - Jamaica

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

FARQUHARSON - Jamaica

Postby Antsaoir » Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:19 pm

Interested in FARQUHARSON in Jamaica
Thanks

Stewart:-)
Antsaoir

Re: FARQUHARSON - Jamaica

Postby JudithL » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:24 pm

I am trying to find more information about my G Grandfather William Tatham Farquharson, born in St. Elizabeth in 1825. He was some kind of Legal person, his name is recorded in Grand Court records, but I don't know where to go to find more of these records.
JudithL

Re: FARQUHARSON - Jamaica, St Elizabeth

Postby JudithL » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:31 am

Still looking for information on this family.
JudithL

Postby werdna » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:53 pm

Hi Judith
I have quite a bit of information- will share if you contact me

regards
Andrew
werdna

Postby caquart » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:09 am

Hi Judith,

Have you tried http://www.jamaicanfamilysearch.com (small fee)? I notice there is a bit on William Tatham Farquharson and his ancestors.

Cathy
Researching the Aquart family: Martinique, St.Lucia, Grenada, Jamaica.
caquart

Postby werdna » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:18 am

yes thanks, I, in fact, have bought the cd from them with 90000 names aprox -can i look at anything for you. - andrew
werdna

Postby caquart » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:35 am

Thanks Andrew, That's very kind. If you mean Donald Lindo's CD, I have that already.

Cathy
caquart

Postby JudithL » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:16 pm

What is the CD? and where can I get a copy?

Judith
JudithL

Postby caquart » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:26 am

Hi Judith,

Go to http://www.discoverjamaica.com/shop/genealogy.html. You can preview to make sure that the names you want are available. This is the description of the CD:

Genealogy of Jamaica is an aid to research on Jamaican Families and contains data on more than 25,000 families, over 2000 photos plus numerous text files, all with Jamaican connections. Once installed on your PC you can add your own research and build your own family tree.

It is a result of many years of research and includes many extensive family trees, information extracted from Jamaican newspapers, articles etc., and even data on our National Heroes, Christopher Columbus and other prominent people associated with Jamaica going back several centuries.

It also includes over 7000 burial records at the St. Andrew Parish Church (1657-2000), and files listing names of several thousand slaves that were freed before official Emancipation. In many cases the reputed fathers are named. There are also some birth and death records extracted from official records.

The disc is for use on an IBM compatible computer, but there is a Gedcom file that can be imported for use with other genealogy programs (including MAC).

Cathy
caquart

Postby sharleenPF » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:22 pm

Hello, I am searching my Farquharson line.

At the moment I have only got information about my grandfather who was born Clinton Farquharson in St Elizabeth to someone they called Bunty/Butty and Zela (most likely nicknames). I know there were a few siblings but the information is hard to find.

Any info on the Farquharson line is much appreciated!
sharleenPF

Postby JudithL » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:06 am

I don't have a Clinton Farquharson in my research so far.
JudithL

Postby sharleenPF » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:02 pm

Hello
Well update.i have found a little information on my grandad Clinton Farquharson. His father was an albert Farquharson who married a zella/zellah shekelwood. They also had another 2 children that I found records off...Vera shekelwood and a boy rannie Egbert Farquharson. There are more children I've been told but I have to records of them just names given to me by my grandmother. These are Winston buster Gloria pearl hyacinth.
If anyone recognises any of these I'd love to hear more or if anyone has any info that may have a slight link would be lovely.
sharleenPF

Return to Surnames F