ROBINSON - Barbados, Belize (British Honduras)

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

ROBINSON - Barbados, Belize (British Honduras)

Postby bizigirl » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:36 am

I am seeking information on Reginald ROBINSON, my grandfather, believed to have been born about 1856 in Barbados. However, he may have been as much as 6 years younger.

Reginald Robinson left Barbados as a member of a contingent recruited for the British Honduras (now Belize) Constabulary Force. I am told that records in the Belize Archives indicate that he came to Belize in 1905 but the Belize Police Force history at http://www.police.gov.bz/index.php?opti ... Itemid=149 indicates that most of the Barbadian recruits came to Belize between 1891 - 1893. He retired from the force and lived in Belize until his death on May 30, 1931.

I am interested in learning more about his parents/ancestors and siblings. My mother was told that she was named Josephine after his favourite sister. If his date of birth is correct, I believe he may have left children behind in Barbados since he would have been in his forties if he migrated as late as 1905. In Belize he was a member of the Roman Catholic church but may have been a convert. I have collected information about his descendants in Belize but like to find out more about his life before his arrival there. Can you help?
bizigirl

Re: ROBINSON - Barbados

Postby Whaleman » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:04 pm

My later father in law is Herbert Raymond Robinson and is likely a decendant or related to your grandfather. PM and perhaps we can share what is known and from my wife's family get some additional information on his immigration and life in Belize.
Whaleman

Re: ROBINSON - Barbados, Belize (British Honduras)

Postby bizigirl » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:37 pm

Hello. I hope you are right as this is the first reply since I posted my query four years ago. I would be very interested in hearing from your wife whatever information she has, presumably from the Barbados side. I'm not sure how to send a PM unless this post is one. Technologically challenged. :)
bizigirl

Postby bimjim » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:36 am

To the right of each Post is a small icon with the letters "PM" on it. Click on the icon to the right of the Post made by the person you want to connect with and a form will come up pre-set with that person's ID as the destination.

Fill in the form, click on Submit - it really is that easy.

In your Message section, messages in the Outbox folder have been sent and not read, the rest are intuitive.

Jim
Admin
bimjim
Site Admin

Postby Mariposa » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:03 pm

Hello,

I'm also interested in the Robinson family in Belize. My information seems a little different from everyone else's. I have a Maria (Mar-eye-ah) Robinson in my family tree (1880's- 1930's?). Apparently they were from the Yucatan. Perhaps they came from Barbados as well. If can give me any information about the Robinson family in Belize that would be awesome. Please PM me ~ Mahalo
Mariposa

Return to Belize