LEE - Martinique, Barbados

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

LEE - Martinique, Barbados

Postby Ben33 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:59 pm

I am researching Sarah Lee who I believe was born in Martinique in 1802 and Christened in Barbados 1805 (on the Christening record it states she was born in 1802) and later went to the UK before 1828. It would appear from church records that her parents married 3 days before her christening. I would like to know more about her history in Martinique and when and why she went to Barbados and the UK.

Sarah Lee is My GGGrandmother, married Thomas Ogilvy before 1828 and lived in the Shetlands - where Thomas was from - and also in Liverpool, where she died. Thomas Ogilvy was the Captain of the Sir Howard Douglas, died in Burma in 1848, and I have found his serial records.

I don't know when they married, but their first child was bourn in 1828. I have a lot of information from the book The Shetland Family Histories which states she was born in Martinique.

I would be grateful for any information on the Lee's in Martinique or Barbados and how she would have travelled to the UK.

There seems to be plenty of records of people leaving the UK but no records of people arriving in the UK.I believe her farther was Joseph Lee and her mother was Harriet Honninbal but this spelling may not be correct as it is difficult to read. It is from the records of St Michael Church Barbados 11 October 1805

Any information or guidance would be appreciated.
Ben33

Return to Barbados