HAYNES - Barbados

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

HAYNES - Barbados

Postby lashell » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:40 am

I am looking for information regarding the Haynes family from Barbados. Any info would be of help. I am just beginning my search. THANK YOU KINDLY.
lashell

Re: HAYNES - Barbados

Postby gaskinh » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:17 pm

One of the former Rector of St. Barnabas Church, St. Michael was the late Canon Oliver Haynes. He had a brother who was an
Attorney at Law. The Anglican Diocese of Barbados has a website, and so does St. Barnabas Church. If you email them you could get more information about his time period as a priest.

gaskinh

Postby Twiglet » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:46 pm

An ancient grandmother of mine, Elizabeth Haynes married an equally ancient grandfather on 16/3/1681 in Christ Church Barbados. Strange coincidence that my actual grandmother was a Haynes, and an ancestor of hers emigrated to Barbados, probably around 1650, he could be Elizabeth's father. Please let me know what you have.

John Branch
Twiglet

Postby Shirley » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:11 am

Hello John,
You have the same forename and surname as my father!! I have traced back to Samuel Branch who married Elizabeth Haynes 16 March 1682. Her father is John Haynes, I believe. I don't have anything more just yet. If this is of help, I will keep you posted on my findings. i have a screenshot from Ancestry.ca of the marriage listing but the board isn't allowing me to post it - saying over quota?? I don't know how else to get it to you. Sorry.
Regards,
Shirley
Shirley Hooker
Researching Branch settlers in Barbados from Scotland
Shirley

Return to Barbados