GRIFFITH - Barbados

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

GRIFFITH - Barbados

Postby StMartinFamily » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:49 pm

Any information concerning the surname Griffith in Barbados. (St. Lucy or St. Michael)
StMartinFamily

Re: GRIFFITH - Barbados

Postby Griffith » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:44 am

I am also searching for the Barbados family of my great grandfather John Griffith who migrated to Trinidad, WI around 1889 - 1895. Trained or recruited as a police officer at the St. James Barracks, Port of Spain. He passed away July 1941 at age 70. He may have been from St. Lucy.

His wife's name was Alice. They had eight children the eldest of which was Elizabeth Lillian Mary Griffith and the youngest Frederick Griffith.

Most of the family settled in St. James, Port of Spain. I hear stories that he travelled to Trinidad with a brother who settled in central Trinidad. I can not confirm this and I do not know his name.

I also heard from my grandfather that their was another Griffith brother from Barbados who travelled to Australia to rear sheep. I can not confirm this as well.
Griffith

Re: GRIFFITH - Barbados

Postby cjoanne » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:16 am

I do not know whether or not my grandfather-in law is the person you seek. His name was Timothy E. A. Griffith and he migrated to Trinidad and settled in Central Trinidad with his wife Christine Rolston. He died at the age of 80 in 1938. I do not have much more information beyond this, but if any of this sounds familiar, please feel free to contact me.
cjoanne

Return to Barbados