BETHEL-CHALKY MOUNT, ST. ANDREW, BARBADOS

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

BETHEL-CHALKY MOUNT, ST. ANDREW, BARBADOS

Postby momlane » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:30 pm

Looking for information on Wallace Sandiford Bethel, married to Elizabeth Rock Branford Boyce, abt 1880, in St. Andrews, Barbados. They had three children, Walter, Geneva and Ralph who was born 8-6-1898, in St, Andrews.
Wallace was born in St. Joseph, Barbados but, I don't know who his parents were. Any help would be appreciated. If you have any info. on any family members please advise. Thanking you in advance.

Private message
momlane

Re: BETHEL-CHALKY MOUNT, ST. ANDREW, BARBADOS

Postby bimjim » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:56 pm

momlane wrote:Looking for information on Wallace Sandiford Bethel, married to Elizabeth Rock Branford Boyce, abt 1880, in St. Andrews, Barbados. They had three children, Walter, Geneva and Ralph who was born 8-6-1898, in St, Andrews.
Wallace was born in St. Joseph, Barbados but, I don't know who his parents were. Any help would be appreciated. If you have any info. on any family members please advise. Thanking you in advance.

I have a private CD with the following info - is this yours, and what else are you looking for? Unfortunately, there are no parents names... and the rest of the listings for the surname do not help (I looked).

--

Wallace Sandeford Bethell

Birth* Wallace Sandeford Bethell was born in 1870 in St. Joseph, Barbados B.W.I..
Marriage* He and Elizabeth Rock Branford Boyce married circa 1885

Psgr List* He was found on a passenger list on 7 May 1903 in New York, New York, U.S.A. #1
Psgr List He was found on a passenger list on 16 December 1914 in New York, New York, U.S.A. #2

Family

Elizabeth Rock Branford Boyce b. 7 June 1862

Children

Wallace (Walter?) Bethell
Geneva Bethell b. c 1887
Ralph Bethell b. c 1887

Citations

#1. Ellis Island Records. Wallace Sandeford Bethel age 33 year 2 month, male, married, white, arrived in New York 7 May 1903 aboard the Hevelius from Barbados. Going to his sister in law Miss C. Boyce, New York.
#2. Ellis Island Records. Wallace Bethel age 45 arrived in New York 16 Dec 1914 on the Justin from Barbados, going to his son Mr. Walter Bethel at 48 Blanch St. Cambridge Mass. He was 5Ft 11" tall, white complexion, fair hair, brown eyes. Born St. Joseph, Barbados. Described as a farm labourer. Relative in Barabdos, his wife, Mrs. Eliza Bethel of Sea View, St. Andrew, Barbados.
bimjim
Site Admin

Postby momlane » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:07 am

Thank you for replying to my post. The information I was requesting was for Wallace Sandiford Bethel (His parent's names, date of birth and family before them, etc.) I Thought maybe somebody on the list might know about this family.

On the IGI individual records there are not many Bethels' from Barbados listed. Most are from the Bahamas. Maybe they moved from there before Wallace was born. On familysearch.com on the new link Record Search Pilot, I found.
Harriet Millicent Bethel (b) 27-Nov 1881 (C) 02-Mar 1882 in St. Philip's, Barbados
Mary Christian Bethel (b) 09 June 1879 (C) 02-Mar 1882 in St. Philip's, Barbados
Father: Josiah Bethel Mother: Margaret Jane Mahon
Other then these two records plus two 1920 Census. I found Five Passage Arrival Lists.
Walter J. Bethel Wallace Sandsford Bethel - 1903
Walter Bethel Wallace Bethel - 1914
Evelyn Bethel - 1912
Lena Bethel - 1923
Stella Bethel - 1912

I do have the information on Wallace and Eleize's children. Ralph Bethel was my stepfather. Again, thank you for your help. If you would like to have the information on Walter and Geneva to give to your friend with the CD, I would be glad to share.

Regards,
Elaine
momlane

Postby bimjim » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:17 am

Glad I was able to help.

I created this resource, and check it every day. You will see that I have copied some Posts elsewhere within the Index, that is to help give searchers more exposure. Occasionally I have spare time and try to help new users.

So far as I know the person who created the CD does not do a great deal of work on it any more, he retired a few years ago and has interests in different areas now. But he kept me supplied with updated copies and I am still able to draw on it occasionally.

Now that your Post is here I hope others will find you and respond... all the best with your research!!
Jim Lynch
Owner/Administrator

Caribbean Surname Index
Canadian Surname Index
Irish Surname Index
bimjim
Site Admin

Return to Barbados