ROBINSON - Barbados, Belize (British Honduras)

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

ROBINSON - Barbados, Belize (British Honduras)

Postby bizigirl » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:36 am

I am seeking information on Reginald ROBINSON, my grandfather, believed to have been born about 1856 in Barbados. However, he may have been as much as 6 years younger.

Reginald Robinson left Barbados as a member of a contingent recruited for the British Honduras (now Belize) Constabulary Force. I am told that records in the Belize Archives indicate that he came to Belize in 1905 but the Belize Police Force history at http://www.police.gov.bz/index.php?opti ... Itemid=149 indicates that most of the Barbadian recruits came to Belize between 1891 - 1893. He retired from the force and lived in Belize until his death on May 30, 1931.

I am interested in learning more about his parents/ancestors and siblings. My mother was told that she was named Josephine after his favourite sister. If his date of birth is correct, I believe he may have left children behind in Barbados since he would have been in his forties if he migrated as late as 1905. In Belize he was a member of the Roman Catholic church but may have been a convert. I have collected information about his descendants in Belize but like to find out more about his life before his arrival there. Can you help?
bizigirl

Return to Barbados