GENTLES - Jamaica, All Caribbean

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

GENTLES - Jamaica, All Caribbean

Postby GentlesBonetree » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:40 pm

I have just joined and hopefully will find out more about a couple of my wife's relatives that emigrated from Falkirk, Scotland to Jamaica around the late 1820's to early 1830's in particular the area around Trelawny. Their names were John GENTLES (1788-1851) and his brother William (1795-1851). I have just traced one living relative who now lives in the UK. This has sparked the interest in the GENTLES family history back into flames and I want to find out more.

I am particularly interested in any information relating to Robert A. GENTLES (b May 1848) but also in some of the other names that are cropping up with connections. The surnames are BROMFIELD, CANHAM, COX, EVANS, JOHNSON, RUSSELL, SIMPSON, WAITE, WEBB AND WILLIAMS.

thanks
GentlesBonetree

Re: GENTLES - Jamaica, All Caribbean

Postby keh » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:19 am

Hi which part of Jamaica do the Bromfields spring from? My grandmother is Bromfield her Grandfather came from St .Elizabeth and migrated to Clarendon one of his sons went to Manchester. We also spring from Evans but you mentioned that they were in Trelawny my family of Evans are in Manchester and St. Elizabeth.
keh

Re: GENTLES - Jamaica, All Caribbean

Postby GentlesBonetree » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:34 am

My earliest record in Jamaica is Edmund S. H. Bromfield (1876-1976) who was a Carpenter. He married Elvelena Gentles (1877-1967) in 1899 in Manchester, Jamaica. She would be my 3rd cousin 3 times removed. They had 4 sons, some of whom went on to have children of their own.

Who were your Grandparents and do you have any dates for them? Any information would be useful as I do have holes in my tree. Likewise, if I can help, let me know what you need.

Brian
GentlesBonetree

Return to Surnames E