Vertical Horizon launches MyBlood 1.0 for Windows and Mac

About the programs that keep your data - including GEDCOM, Family Tree Maker, others.

Vertical Horizon launches MyBlood 1.0 for Windows and Mac

Postby bimjim » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:32 pm

Vertical Horizon launches MyBlood 1.0 for Windows and Macintosh

Antwerp, 23rd of November 2009. Vertical Horizon, the Belgium based software company announces general availability of its genealogy application MyBlood.

MyBlood has a number of unique features that make the product stand out towards its competitors:
MyBlood runs on Mac OS as well as on XP, Vista and Windows 7 with the same single source code and is fully GEDCOM 5.5 compliant
MyBlood has very strong visualization capabilities, leading to a very intuitive user interface and makes it very easy to learn
MyBlood can handle any type of media files and allows tagging of people on pictures
MyBlood integrates with Google Maps even allowing use locations and distance as selection criteria in its powerful search engine.
MyBlood can run in any language and comes out of the box in English, Dutch, French, German and Spanish.
MyBlood 1.0 brings the breadth and depth of any mature family tree software and even brings genealogy software to the next level.

Geert Jadoul, head of Product Development and Management is happy that the product now hits the market: “When we started the project that has led to MyBlood, we kept strict guidelines: for example it was our ambition to use the strengths of the personal computer at its most and it is very satisfying to see that MyBlood 1.0 fully delivers on this ambition. The application is completely data driven which has brought us to our current tag line of the product: everything is related (and everyone is unique)”.

Jadoul continues: ”MyBlood presents complex data structures in an easy way, minimizing the effort of the user and making data sharing straight forward. The goal during development was to make sure information only needed to be entered once and then represented in many ways.”

The extensive Beta program already led to enthusiastic reactions in the press. Editor James Taylor of the well respected UK magazine Ancestors wrote in its review of MyBlood Beta 2: “MyBlood looks as if it\'s shaping up to be an all-round user-friendly rival to the established
mainstream competition (...) as it joins the mainstream and begins the gradual convergence that overtakes them all”.

MyBlood 1.0 is sold on the MyBlood site: www.myblood-line.com. A full functional trial version is available for evaluation purposes.

About MyBlood

MyBlood is a genealogy application that targets every level of genealogists. It delivers simple views but deep insights on complex genealogy data, by combining relational database technology under the hoot with superior visualization on the outside. MyBlood supports multiple languages and comes with a free separate program to easily add your own translations and languages if required. MyBlood runs in the exact same way on the PC* as it
does on a Mac. With full support for the international GEDCOM format, it produces highly portable data sets avoiding any vendor lock. With out of the box integration with Google Maps for ”places” and “locations” it allows to visualize moves, travels, emigrations or any other kind of movements in your family history in an unprecedented way. MyBlood will also bring a more natural way of working with any kind of media files like tagging people on pictures like many social network sites tend to do nowadays.

About Vertical Horizon

Vertical Horizon is an independent, Belgium based, start-up company that brings together the power of personal computing with in depth knowledge of genealogy. This resulted in the development of MyBlood, a state of the art genealogy application. Vertical Horizon was started by seasoned and experienced IT professionals with a passion for genealogy. The Antwerp based company is owned and financed by its management team.

Comments

Sounds very interesting. One question - will it interface with other genealogy programs = such as Family Tree Maker, Master Genealogist, MAC Reunion, etc., or does the user have to retype information already in a data base? By the way, I really enjoy the newsletter and look forward to receiving each one.

Posted by: carol s adams | November 24, 2009 at 02:37 AM

I couldn't find any word on the site about source citations, which will be the deciding factor for me. I am using Legacy via Fusion on my Mac, and it is a pain in the neck to boot Windows every time I want a quick look at my database. I am waiting for a program to be available for the Mac that has some reasonable source citation ability. I also noticed a fair number of typos and grammatical errors on the site during a quick look. That is a red flag for me. If folks can't be thorough with their site, then how do I know the software has been developed to meticulous standards? I look forward to a complete review of this software from you, Dick, especially comparing it to Reunion.

Posted by: Cathi | November 24, 2009 at 06:42 AM

MyBlood will interface with other programs, such as Legacy, RootsMagic, The Master Genealogist, Reunion, etc. As stated in the announcement, "...and is fully GEDCOM 5.5 compliant."

I am not surprised that the supporting web site has a few typo errors. The company is in Belgium and is operated by people who do not speak English as their native language. I wouldn't be too concerned about that.

- Dick Eastman
bimjim
Site Admin

Return to Database software