DONALDSON, Alfred, Glasford - Jamaica, Clarendon

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

DONALDSON, Alfred, Glasford - Jamaica, Clarendon

Postby jennifer johnson » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:17 pm

We would be grateful if anyone could share any information with us about the origins of the Donaldsons who as far as we know have always lived in Clarendon, The Donaldsons are related to the Mckays, maybe you can help. The names in subject box are are grandfather and great grandfather
Kind regards Jennie J :?
Jennie J.
jennifer johnson

Re: DONALDSON, Alfred, Glasford - Jamaica, Clarendon

Postby Allie » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:12 pm

Hi Jennie
Not sure how far you have got in your research since your post of 2006!
Do you know Genforum? A lady posted the following there: "My maiden name was Donaldson. I am interested in locating Donaldsons from Jamaica- West Indies who may be realtives of the late Alfred Donaldson."
As for my own interest, my g g g grandmother was Annie Donaldson from Nairne Castle in Clarendon. She was born about 1833, and married Charles Bruce from Scotland.
Would love to hear from you.
Alison
Allie

Postby Allie » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:49 pm

Hi Jenny
I'm longing to hear from you regarding my ancestress Annie Donaldson (b. circa 1833) from Nairne Castle, Clarendon. We corresponded earlier this year, just before I went to the States for my grandmother's funeral. I met an elderly relative there who knew of Annie's daughter Margaret Bruce (b.1859), but she didn't know any further back. Please, please get in touch!
Allie
Allie

Postby JasonD » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:49 pm

I wonder if there is any relation to my Grandfather Kenneth Donaldson, which lived near Lucea, Hanover?
JasonD

Postby wilsondc » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:40 pm

wow very interesting and i myself wonder if there is a shared relation with my grandmother; she was born in Colon, Panama to an Alfredo Agosto Donaldson; i assume the English equivalent is Alfred Augustus Donaldson.... the paper work says his father's name was Joseph Donaldson and Leonora Burban... I assume they come from Jamaica or their people do, but i know the last Donaldson does come via Jamaica.
wilsondc

Return to Surnames D