DONALDSON, Jamaica (possibly Lucea, Hanover)

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

DONALDSON, Jamaica (possibly Lucea, Hanover)

Postby LyonTree » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:59 am

Mish Kumar - Looking for information about Margaret Alice Donaldson (died: Aug 14, 1948). She married Ivan Harry Lyon on June 1, 1898 and was known by her nickname "Pidgeon". Margaret and Ivan had several children - Gerald Randolph, Rupert Linley, Ivan Jerome, Margaret Eliza, John Henry and Lily Carmen.
LyonTree

Re: DONALDSON, Jamaica (possibly Lucea, Hanover)

Postby JasonD » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:44 pm

I see it's been 5 years since this question was posted, however I still hope you are able to reply. I'm sorry I don't know of a Margaret Alice Donaldson. However my grandfather lived in Lucea, Clifton to be exact. He died in and around the same time. His name was Kenneth Donaldson. I am wondering if there is any relation. He married Icy Evans , and had two sons Hugh and Iva (Val) my father.
JasonD

Postby LyonTree » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:31 pm

Strangely enough, I just happened to login 5 years later and see this post! Unfortunately, my knowledge of the Donaldson line is very limited. All I know is that a Margaret Alice Donaldson married Ivan Harry Lyon. I will put Kenneth Donaldson, Icy Evans, Hugh and Iva (Val) in my notes and post again if I come across any relation. Thanks for responding. Maybe we will find a way to connect the lines!
LyonTree

Postby bimjim » Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:37 pm

Strangely enough, I just happened to login 5 years later and see this post!

Not to be picky, but I now send a "newsletter" four times a year to all users on the Index - it's now part of the "Terms Of Use' - and the very first suggestion on every one I have sent out is that, even if they read no further, they might use this Quarterly reminder to do a quick search to see if anyone else has Posted something of interest to them.

In 5 years LyonTree should have received at least 10 such "newsletters", and surely would have at least once used my repeated first suggestion to get a little bit curious and have a quick look?

The automated software is not perfect, and I provide the service for free. But I do expect my users to put in at least a little effort to conduct their own research here.

Best wishes...

Jim Lynch
Owner/Administrator
Caribbean Surname Index
bimjim
Site Admin

Postby JasonD » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:17 pm

LyonTree wrote:Strangely enough, I just happened to login 5 years later and see this post! Unfortunately, my knowledge of the Donaldson line is very limited. All I know is that a Margaret Alice Donaldson married Ivan Harry Lyon. I will put Kenneth Donaldson, Icy Evans, Hugh and Iva (Val) in my notes and post again if I come across any relation. Thanks for responding. Maybe we will find a way to connect the lines!

Thx!
JasonD

Postby JeanS » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:15 pm

Hello
Margaret Alice Donaldson married Ivan Harry Lyon in Jamaica and they had a most interesting family. Full details appear in our tree Lyon of Jamaica on Ancestry.com. Many of the documents appear in Family Search.
Mike and Jean Smith
JeanS

Return to Surnames D